BeaverTail Predator

For those who enjoy duck hunting in the fields, this is the place.

Moderator: Skyblaster7

BeaverTail Predator

Postby TheHorseMallard » Tue Feb 15, 2011 9:52 pm

I have 4 regular lay out blinds that are just fabric and only go on dry land. I wanted something that i could put in a foot or so of water depending on where the ducks are. Has anybody used a Beavertail Predator with some camo on it. does it hold up after the years and does the bottom of it last long after being drug out into the field and back day after day?
I'm down here in Arkansas, yes we have cable, electricity, indoor plumbing, shoes, and no we don't always marry our cousins, however a third cousin is not frowned upon cuz its a gray area :yes: :lol3:
TheHorseMallard
hunter

Re: BeaverTail Predator

Postby i_willie12 » Wed Feb 16, 2011 2:20 pm

If your going to hunt water that much I would just get a layout boat!!

Most of those Neoprene covers only work in water up to 6-8 inches of water and thats pushing it. Waterproof layout blinds are more made for sitting on the edge of marshes and sheet water. Not really meant to be a boat. Also your blind is going to get wet from you getting in and out of it!!
"Some people pride themselves on how far they can shoot ducks others pride themselves on how close they can get them. I'm an other!!! "
John Stephens RNT

HRCH Wilson's Grand Priarie Pintail "Sprig"
i_willie12
hunter

Re: BeaverTail Predator

Postby TheHorseMallard » Wed Feb 16, 2011 8:23 pm

the beavertail predator is 100% polyurethane so no flimsy neoprene covers, i looked into those and for a little more money i could get a whole new blind, the predator. I was wondering if anybody can testify to how it holds up. A boat would just tip over and be unstable in a few inches of water like my rice fields are flooded.
I'm down here in Arkansas, yes we have cable, electricity, indoor plumbing, shoes, and no we don't always marry our cousins, however a third cousin is not frowned upon cuz its a gray area :yes: :lol3:
TheHorseMallard
hunter

Return to Field Duck Hunting