Camo in the field

For those who enjoy duck hunting in the fields, this is the place.

Moderator: Skyblaster7

Camo in the field

Postby greenheadkilr » Sat Apr 08, 2006 11:13 pm

I was looking at cabelas new interceptor layout blind, and I was wondering if anyone has used this blind and I would like to know how well it works :smile: or if anyone knows of a better layout blind that I should know about. Thanks! :smile:
greenheadkilr
hunter

Postby Erik Olsen » Sun Apr 09, 2006 9:58 am

i have an interceptor and its a pile if you are calling out of it so my friends get it when they come. they are comfortable but the head hole is so small that you cant get your hands through it to call and that can lead to problems. look into gooseview or wildfowl outfitters. i use a gooseview destroyer and love it. if you have a hard time keeping your head down and hid look into ameristep or power hunters. all of my clients get ameristep blinds because the mesh on them doesnt obstruct your view and it keeps white faces from flaring birds. the power hunter had to many blind spots compared to the ameristep.
"pass me some ammo" Oh crap you shoot three and a half!"
Erik Olsen
hunter

try

Postby cinnamonteal7 » Sun Apr 09, 2006 11:35 am

try a final approach eliminator i use one and so do three other guys who use as well and laove them
miss him once shame on me, miss him twice on me agian, miss him three times damit! reload and watch where that SOB lands this isnt over.
cinnamonteal7
hunter

power hunter

Postby honkersRus » Sun Apr 09, 2006 2:20 pm

I love my power hunter its awsome nothing gets in the way and its not so expensive.
find em,
call em,
take em.
honkersRus
hunter

Postby greenheadkilr » Sun Apr 09, 2006 11:12 pm

Thanks for all your replys, I am glad I did not buy the Interceptor. :smile:
greenheadkilr
hunter

Postby Erik Olsen » Mon Apr 10, 2006 3:02 pm

what i did not like about the power hunter and what others complained about is when you are looking through the mesh there is that solid strip right in front. and it can throw you off when you have a bockground of trees like on small creeks but in field it was fine.
"pass me some ammo" Oh crap you shoot three and a half!"
Erik Olsen
hunter

Postby cootkilla » Thu May 11, 2006 12:52 pm

I have the interceptor and I have to agree with what has been said. It is very comfortable but its a pain in the fannie to setup and you don't have alot of head room for calling. Other than that it brushes up nice and is comfortable. My roommate has the powerhunter and I for one do not like it. Its easy to setup and brush up..BUT - the bar at the bottom for my size hits me right on the butt bone. Sitting on that for along time and its hard to get up. I have the SUB and that is a killing machine. Lots of room and easy to setup. IMO I would go with a sub or a finisher or a gooseview. Another buddy has the gooseview and loves it. He is a BIG guy and it fits him really good plus he is setup in seconds. So I would look more in the lines of the last three I posted about. Anyway, What ever you get, Enjoy and good luck.

Cootkilla
cootkilla
hunter

Postby VTduckman » Sun Jun 11, 2006 1:36 pm

i use an ameri-step for geese. it is very roomy and comfotable. also you can see and call good. only about 100 bucks. some say it is to tall, but i have had geese actually land on top of my blind, no joke.
Season Totals-
Canada's-Alot
2 Mallards
2 Blacks
15 Green Wing
5 Wood Ducks
1 Can.
1 Pintail
Hooded Merganser
VTduckman
hunter

Return to Field Duck Hunting