New to TN ...

For those who enjoy duck hunting in the fields, this is the place.

Moderator: Skyblaster7

New to TN ...

Postby Quackaholic63 » Sat Nov 17, 2012 8:54 am

Looking to meet some middle-TN duck hunters. Just moved to Nashville from the duck-mecca Cleveland, Ohio (NOT!) and interested in some local info, contacts, seeing if anyone has an open spot in a blind, etc. Have been hunting 30+ years, have a 6-year old black lab -- Cooper -- who is a well trained duck retrieving machine, and more than my fair share of decoys, blinds, robo-ducks, gear, etc. to contribute. And I hate calling, so don't worry about me being the one on the kazoo! I leave that to the pros.

Thanks.

Mark
Quackaholic63
hunter

Re: New to TN ...

Postby C_Jones » Sat Nov 17, 2012 9:17 am

Mark,
I do not live in middle TN now but did all of my life until 3 years ago. I am unsure of where you live in middle TN but when I wanted a quick morning hunt and did not want to travel very far I would hunt on the Duck River in Columbia. It is about a forty minute drive from Nashville or twenty from Franklin. You have to walk a little to get a field or you can put in and hunt on the water. For being a quick trip and not out west it isn't too bad.
Good Luck,
Cameron
C_Jones
Newb

Postby Quackaholic63 » Sat Nov 17, 2012 9:28 am

Thanks Cameron. I'm in Nashville and I'll take you up on your suggestion. Is the water huntable via shore ... or do I need a boat?

-Mark
Quackaholic63
hunter

Postby C_Jones » Sat Nov 17, 2012 12:29 pm

Mark,
I have never hunted from the shore at the Duck River but in some spots it isn't that wide. If you had a small canoe of even open face kayak to just transport your stuff it may be helpful. But like I said earlier I just stuck to hunting the flooded fields instead of open water.
Cameron
C_Jones
Newb

New to TN ...

Postby Tyshe84 » Thu Nov 22, 2012 6:09 pm

Good luck. Grew up in Nashville. Ducking is spotty at best. Sometimes old hickory has birds if you know where to go and the unwritten rules of the blinds.
Tyshe84
hunter

Return to Field Duck Hunting