GHG full bodies

For those who enjoy duck hunting in the fields, this is the place.

Moderator: Skyblaster7

GHG full bodies

Postby Boomstck63 » Tue Apr 02, 2013 10:34 pm

Found an ad on Craigslist the other day a guy was selling about 8 k dollars worth of duck and goose hunting gear mainly full body goose decoys. He had six dozen oversize full body mallard decoys so I bought three dozen. I paid 160 per dozen used only twice with slotted bags. Wish I would have bought the other three dozen though. They are the oversize with the reorder which are about nintey per four and I got a dozen and a bag for 160 pretty good deal. I have five dozen full body ducks now. How many do you guys run usually. And hunting ducks and geese do you mix the two in the spread?
Boomstck63
hunter

Re: GHG full bodies

Postby honkerhuntin » Thu Apr 04, 2013 11:52 pm

i guess it depends if i am hunting ducks or geese, if i am hunting honkers i dont bother cuz the ducks come in just as well with all goose deeks. i sometimes like to throw 6 - 8 full body geese in my duck spreads just as confidence deeks. i have 5 doz of the ghg ducks and my hunting buddy has 7 doz of the hard cores. together they look sick in the field when they are mixed, they are a pain to pack out sometimes.
honkerhuntin
hunter

Postby TheQuackThatKillz » Tue Apr 09, 2013 6:35 pm

We like to put out about 6 dozen goose deeks and put two mojos and full body duck in their own little group.

We hunt fence lines a lot and we like to put the duck a little closer to the weeds and trees.

The best fields to hunt are the flooded ones!
TheQuackThatKillz
hunter

Postby dakotashooter2 » Wed Apr 10, 2013 9:25 am

The ducks don't seem to care if you mix but the geese do. If I'm after both I separate, if I'm just after ducks I'll mix some in.
dakotashooter2
hunter

Return to Field Duck Hunting