Duck Hunting Forum banner

Ghillie blankets

4K views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  teal12 
#1 ·
Hey guys, I was wondering if anyone uses the ghillie blankets by sillosocks. I am considering buying one except they appear extremely light colored. Also are they cheaper because the quality isn't as good? Thanks for the help.

#2 ·
Ghillie blankets and suits are designed to add natural vegetation from the area to add to the concealment. Most of the time they are a net or burlap base with threads sewn or tied on. The lighter color can also be fixed by lightly misting with spray paint or rubbing into dirt but not washing afterwards. I have a complete ghillie suit mostly for coyote hunting that I use once in a while for waterfowl but getting it wet in any way makes it extremely heavy. Make sure you get the synthetic thread and not the jute as the jute has a tendency to mildew and come apart after several uses and the synthetic will not.

#3 ·
Ok thanks I don't have to worry about to much moisture as we have been averaging about 3 inches of rain year recently. I will probably use a light cover of spray paint if it doesn't work. I was planning on hunting sandhill crane from under a ghillie blanket due to its low profile.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.