How to set mojo in field

For those who enjoy duck hunting in the fields, this is the place.

Moderator: Skyblaster7

How to set mojo in field

Postby teal12 » Mon Aug 12, 2013 4:43 pm

I was given seven baby mojo mallards by a good friend who's health is keeping him from hunting this year. I am needin to know how to set these in a field with goose and mallard shell decoys. They are all set up with a remote so not to spook geese. They all have the standard stakes but I can make extensions if needed. Also do you think the hen minis would work for early teal
teal12
hunter

Re: How to set mojo in field

Postby BlackFoot777 » Mon Aug 12, 2013 8:28 pm

Set em up where you want ducks to land, usually a couple right behind your layouts, so when they go to land, they will be there right in tight. Yes will work for teal, I have hunted teal with just two mojos and that's it.
BlackFoot777
hunter

Postby teal12 » Tue Aug 13, 2013 6:50 am

Thanks. Should I set my landing zone up and have my blinds at the edge of it or keep my blinds back out of the spread?
teal12
hunter

Postby newbie4 » Mon Sep 09, 2013 10:48 pm

when im huntin ducks in a field I usually just make a U with the decoys and put the mojos in the landing hole with the blinds on the bottom part of the U and they are always right in our face :thumbsup:
newbie4
hunter

Postby Elvis Kiwi » Mon Sep 09, 2013 11:28 pm

when birds are getting spinner shy the guys over here try to put them out in such a way that they arent visible when a bird circles all the way around, so they see movement but cant twig to it being fake. beside something that will block it from sight may be worth a crack???
Elvis Kiwi
hunter

Postby KillerKowalski » Sun Sep 22, 2013 8:52 pm

I use the theory to put the spinners in front of us or to the side. Why? I want the motion away from the pit or the layouts. Yes, the ducks will land on the spinners or near them. If that is true and the spinners go next to the blind or behind it, the shot angles are horrible. Shooting almost straight up isn't fun unless it's the only option.
KillerKowalski
hunter

Location: Where racketeering, conspiracy, fraud and soliciting of bribes for political appointments is normal

Return to Field Duck Hunting