feild hunting

For those who enjoy duck hunting in the fields, this is the place.

Moderator: Skyblaster7

feild hunting

Postby idukhunt » Thu Dec 07, 2006 7:14 pm

Has any one tried feild hunting for ducks? Thought about trying it because I have never done it before. :help:
idukhunt
hunter

Re: feild hunting

Postby QuackAttacker » Fri Dec 08, 2006 7:58 am

idukhunt wrote:Has any one tried feild hunting for ducks? Thought about trying it because I have never done it before. :help:

Field hunting ducks is used by a lot of people. Just follow the ducks out from where their roost is when they fly, and see which field they land in. Then just set up in the same spot later in the afternoon or the next morning. Make sure you get permission from the land owner too :thumbsup: I would check out the field hunting forum too.
--Kyle
QuackAttacker
hunter

Postby sdgr8wthnter » Fri Dec 08, 2006 10:34 pm

Hands down field hunting for ducks is the best. Nothing like shooting some mallards that are 5 feet infront of your face and you can see the look in there eye when they've been had. To bad my season is closed now, cause I could do it everyday. Nothing better, well except shooting geese.
sdgr8wthnter
State Moderator

Postby ODH » Wed Dec 13, 2006 8:30 am

Here in the pacific northwest I hunt sheet water in the ryegrass fields. We set out 8 or 10 deeks and use layout blinds. They will nearly land on you.
ODH
hunter

Return to Field Duck Hunting