hiding layout blind in winter wheat

For those who enjoy duck hunting in the fields, this is the place.

Moderator: Skyblaster7

hiding layout blind in winter wheat

Postby LiquidA45 » Tue Nov 05, 2013 4:15 pm

Is there a good way to conceal a layout blind in winter wheat that is only a few inches tall?
LiquidA45
hunter

Re: hiding layout blind in winter wheat

Postby tornadochaser » Tue Nov 05, 2013 6:35 pm

christmas garland.
tornadochaser
hunter

Postby dakotashooter2 » Wed Nov 06, 2013 10:33 am

I was gonna ask if you were sure it was winter wheat but being your in OK it probably is. Up here you almost have to ask to be sure.....Sometimes the re-growth comes in so fast and thick you'd think it was a crop but it isn't. I saw some that was starting to head out last week ....untill it was plowed under....................
dakotashooter2
hunter

Postby LiquidA45 » Wed Nov 06, 2013 10:58 am

dakotashooter2 wrote:I was gonna ask if you were sure it was winter wheat but being your in OK it probably is. Up here you almost have to ask to be sure.....Sometimes the re-growth comes in so fast and thick you'd think it was a crop but it isn't. I saw some that was starting to head out last week ....untill it was plowed under....................

Not much of a farmer myself, but one of the guys I was with told me it was when I asked him. His family bean farms so I assume he has a pretty good idea. I don't know if the garland comment was a joke or not but I wrapped a strand around my body and just stood in the field like an evergreen...shot a limit of ducks and geese in 12 minutes.
LiquidA45
hunter

Postby dakotashooter2 » Wed Nov 06, 2013 4:58 pm

One clue is if it growing in both the top and bottom of the furrows. That is generally regrowth, as the seeds grow wherever the cultivation distributed them. A "crop" will generally have very distinct (and empty furrows) between the rows as that is how the seeder distributes the seed.
dakotashooter2
hunter

Postby Black Smoke » Thu Nov 07, 2013 8:03 am

Might not believe this but the green avery killer weed works in unexplainable ways I never would have thought it would have until I tried it and they had no clue.
Black Smoke
hunter

Return to Field Duck Hunting