are the GHG full bodies worth it?

For those who enjoy duck hunting in the fields, this is the place.

Moderator: Skyblaster7

are the GHG full bodies worth it?

Postby MDcanvasback2189 » Mon Mar 26, 2007 4:02 pm

hey are they worth all of that money? cuz im really considering about buyin a couple and i want to now if they are that much better than the shells. i have no problem spending a few extra bucks for quality
MDcanvasback2189
hunter

Postby goosehunter64 » Mon Mar 26, 2007 8:33 pm

Yes, they are well worth it. Once you buy the decoys....get a 4 or six slot bag.
When you said a couple....did you mean a couple of doz or just a couple of decoys?
BigFoot also makes a great decoy....but doesn't produce shells.
FA, DZ's and DSD...are all great decoys but all require some sort of TLC.
BF/s don't...unless you want to protect the newer flocked heads.
Both shells and full bodies have their place....and can be used in many different situations.
Needless to say, you can get more shells into the field...easier, cheaper, and in some cases faster.
Step back....take a look at your hunting situations would most require...and at the least possible inconvience to you.....and your buds.
I hope this helps somewhat.
Rob.
Team WingLock
Lock'em "N" Rock'em
goosehunter64
hunter

Postby MDcanvasback2189 » Mon Mar 26, 2007 9:07 pm

well i mainly hunt over water like ponds and along side rivers. and i think that like 12-20 full bodies coming out of the water like around my layout blind or pit would really put use over the edge. also mix in big foot full bodies for our geese and i think it would look deadly, what u think.

also i hopefully will be hunting a corn field and i thnk the ducks will add a little bit more motion to the spread because they would be lighter than the goose decoys and easy to move by wind pwer.
MDcanvasback2189
hunter

Postby h2ofwlr » Sun Apr 08, 2007 6:16 pm

The only real drawback is the bulkiness of them. If you have the room to transport them both in the vehicle and a fieid, they are nice. Otherwise shells which stacked are then a logical choice.
The Audacity of Bull Crap.
"Typical: Gun-loving, bitter bible-thumping white person" Barack Obama.
Hey I resemble that comment!!! Those are FIGHTING WORDS!!!
h2ofwlr
Forum & State Moderator

Postby Lynch-mob-man » Wed Apr 11, 2007 8:25 am

It is really worth the extra money to buy the bags. One thing i liked about the actives and feeders is that their legs fold into the decoy and the field stake or motin platform can go some where else
If you want to hang em low Get a lynchmob
Lynch-mob-man
hunter

Postby Ross R » Wed Apr 11, 2007 9:44 am

both the full bodys and bags are worth the money.
the full bodys work very well, you can double them and put them on the ground to look like resting geese as well as active geese if you put them on the motion stake.
the bags are beyond worth it. they protect the paint and also make it easy to cary them. the full bodys are bulky but are made easy to cary with the bags. I am not a big guy i am only 5'10" and 145 pounds and i can cary a doz full bodys, a powerhunter, blind bag, and my gun for a long distance.
WELL WORTH THE MONEY!
Ross R
Forum & State Moderator

Postby cONG » Wed Apr 11, 2007 12:07 pm

will the shells with stakes work just as good as fullbody
cONG
hunter

Postby NickCies80 » Wed Apr 11, 2007 12:22 pm

I would use some of both; shells and FB's. It will be more cost effective and will add more size to your spread and cost you less money. Just what I would do. We have 3 doz of the FB's and rarely use them for rield hunting. A goose spread with a couple of robos has worked for us just as well as putting out the duck decoys.

Nick
NEED SLEEP!
NickCies80
State Moderator

Postby choclab » Tue Apr 24, 2007 10:27 pm

Get the shells and the full bodys. I put a few full bodys up at work the other day to see how they look from a distance and a drake damn near landed on em. I bought 2 dozen GHG shells and the full body Harvester pack.....gonna buy one more Harvester pack and call it good

"The rich....who are content to buy what they have not the skill to get by their own exertions, are the real enemies of game". Teddy Roosevelt
choclab
hunter

Postby littlesturgeon » Tue Oct 23, 2007 7:31 pm

if u do buy some buy the BAG cause it will protect your investment..... i wouldnt buy anyother decoys outthere
littlesturgeon
hunter

Return to Field Duck Hunting