GHG Ground Force VS Avery Finisher

For those who enjoy duck hunting in the fields, this is the place.

Moderator: Skyblaster7

GHG Ground Force VS Avery Finisher

Postby EastCoastAvian » Tue Apr 08, 2014 12:41 pm

Which one is better--which one should I get??? I'm 6'2, 215lbs.

Thanks.
EastCoastAvian
Newb

Re: GHG Ground Force VS Avery Finisher

Postby clymerfowler » Tue Apr 08, 2014 6:49 pm

i love my finisher. it has been through hell and back. out the bed of the truck going down the road. fell on, stepped on, birds hit it,mud, rain, ice. and its still going strong. it can get a little camped in there but is a great blind.
Pigeons-231
Geese- 87
clymerfowler
hunter

Postby Gunnysway » Thu Apr 10, 2014 6:49 am

I'm a little taller than you, and I own the GF. Very nice blind. The tube that allows you to lock the doors in sucks. Sticks like a bitch,and would be my only real complaint. It is also quite durable, as I am not known for babying my equipment. I fit just fine, however the Finisher is a bit more roomy. Both good blinds, and I think you would be satisfied with either. The GF is only slightly easier to set up (besides those stupid door "locks"), but not so much that it should be the deciding factor. Gun to my head... I think I would go Finisher...
Setting up meetings between geese and God since 1992...

Gud till ära, oss till gagn...
Gunnysway
hunter

Postby possumfoot » Sat Jun 28, 2014 3:37 pm

finisher is a good bit heavier. not as easy to carry. the head rest can be a PITA at times.. GF is lower profile but still has enough room.
WTN10 wrote:He was funny like a Pomeranian getting kicked over a fence.

pgquackstacker wrote:I actually started bringing a gun with me on dates, so I bring the girl's father out to my car and tell him if he tries to cock-block me I'll kill him.
possumfoot
hunter

Postby grnhd » Sat Jun 28, 2014 8:47 pm

I've got both blinds. When I'm in ND and have to pack all my stuff in I take the GF, its lighter and sets up faster and easier in the dark. A lot faster and easier. I can also fold my dog blind up in it and keep them both together. The finisher is roomier and more comfortable to hunt out of. The GF has a bar that runs across the bottom that hits me right in the butt that I have to dodge. Not that big of a deal that it stops me from using it though. I've also got a neo tub for the finisher that is handy. I guess if I had to pick one I would go with the GF but its a really close call. Tomorrow I might say the finisher.
Nobody gives a crap about your season totals.
grnhd
hunter

Postby noweil » Sun Jun 29, 2014 2:33 pm

I own 2 GF's and have only spent one day in a finisher. One of my buddies has a finisher and it is not as good to pack in as the GF. I like the Ground Force better for my needs.
CRP was responsible for 25.7 million additional ducks produced in the U.S. Prairie Pothole Region during 1992-2003.  Source DU.
noweil
hunter

Return to Field Duck Hunting