Really need help on this ?

For those who enjoy duck hunting in the fields, this is the place.

Moderator: Skyblaster7

Really need help on this ?

Postby JDiPerrio » Mon Dec 15, 2008 7:45 pm

Hey guys sorry for this being my first post.....First off i would like to introduce myself my name is John and I am just getting into duck hunting.

I hunt the bolton flats in lancaster MA and the place i hunt is a corn field with a river running along side it. My question is i go there and everytime i go there there is ducks in the river next to the field but i dont know if they will come into this field or fly to another field around. I know there is ducks in the area but i just dont know how to find them and if im in the right spot or just wasting my time hunting this field/ river. Also i wouldnt mind setting up on the river bend there but the ducks seem to sleep there because whenever i get there in the am the fly away without a chance to shoot, should i just set up in the field and hope they move from the rivr into the field or should i just hunt the river and hope not to spook them.

By the way i hunt with my 10 year old cousin but he cant carry a gun so its only me.

Thanks so much for any and all information provided .

John
JDiPerrio
hunter

Postby Dylandawg » Wed Dec 17, 2008 11:09 am

I'm from RI and hunt corn fields also. The only time it is worth it for me to put out a duck spread is when it is raining out.

I lease a couple of fields with farm ponds on them and almost never see ducks there when it isn't raining. When it's raining like today we had a full limit of mallards and blacks by 730am We had close to 100-150 birds fly in by then and they were still flying in as we were picking up.
Dylandawg
hunter

Postby JDiPerrio » Wed Dec 17, 2008 6:13 pm

Nice thanks for the info, I go to school down here in RI at Johnson and Wales
JDiPerrio
hunter

Postby Dylandawg » Wed Dec 17, 2008 6:22 pm

I duck hunt at the J&W property in Cranston on the bay. Every year they try to arrest me for hunting on school property and every year DEM tells them they can't because I'm hunting Federally regulated tidal waters.
Dylandawg
hunter

Return to Field Duck Hunting