frozen water

For those who enjoy duck hunting in the fields, this is the place.

Moderator: Skyblaster7

frozen water

Postby flightdoc84 » Tue Dec 16, 2008 6:23 pm

hey so im in kansas and all the bottoms are frozen my little ponds i hunt are frozen but there are a ton of pheasant fields and stuff around all that and there is about 6 inches of snow on the ground now i am pretty sure i can use my floaters will a mojo even make a difference with snow and should i buy a tarp? to make it look like water.
Charles Galloway
Only number that matters is lives saved
DUSTOFF!!
flightdoc84
hunter

Postby mallardmadness » Thu Dec 18, 2008 11:56 am

If there is many ducks around and everything is froze you need to get a hole open even if its only 15 ft wide or so. You can open one by cutting the ice or breaking it with some type of hammer or I use my gun. If you get that hole open put a couple decs in it and use your mojo you will slay them. If there is ducks there and they find the open water they will be there. Good Luck :hammer: :hammer:
mallardmadness
hunter

Postby joshco84 » Tue Dec 30, 2008 12:33 pm

Hey i didnt see this, you should have posted in the kansas forum.

When everything is froze up, get your goose dekes out and set up in a field in a fairly close proxemety to an open roost hole. Will kill as many ducks over goose decoys on really cold days as we do geese. Keep a mojo next to your blind so you can turn it on and hold it up when you see ducks, and then put it down when you see geese.
Who knew strippers had feelings?

Botiz630 wrote:Careful, then you'll have to get something to get rid of the geckos. And then something to get rid of what got rid of the geckos. Before you known it your camp will be full of great white sharks fighting velociraptors.
joshco84
Leg Humper

Return to Field Duck Hunting