Using Mojos?

For those who enjoy duck hunting in the fields, this is the place.

Moderator: Skyblaster7

Using Mojos?

Postby waterfowl10 » Mon Feb 02, 2009 7:12 pm

Well i hope everyone had a great season and had the success they wished for. i ended up having a pretty good year with most of my birds coming from local areas. i live in NJ and because of that i have a question about using mojos in corn fields for ducks. This past year i hunted a field for geese and ended up doing well. every time i hunted the farm i saw between 20-80 ducks flying from feeding to resting and so on. at one point i had a flock of about 20 mallards kinda circle around me but couldnt get them to come down even when calling right to them. i had only about 8 mallard water dekes out hoping they would see them but they never did. i was wondering if using a mojo or mojos would help bag some ducks and really get them to commit? does anyone else use them? Any help would be great. thankss. Already cant wait for next season!
waterfowl10
hunter

Postby Timbo4 » Mon Feb 02, 2009 9:11 pm

I use one and it is a great attention getter for ducks for sure, first time with one this past season. They will bring the ducks in for sure.
-Tim
Timbo4
hunter

Postby berettaguy17 » Tue Feb 03, 2009 8:42 am

we use between 2 and 5 and do really good. sometimes.... we shot over 200 ducks in one field this year.
Why not shoot all 3 shots, they make more shells everyday.
berettaguy17
hunter

Postby idduckhntr2 » Tue Feb 03, 2009 12:11 pm

I don't go out with out one(normally 3-5). It helps get there attention from a distance and I haven't seen a negative while using them.
idduckhntr2
hunter

Postby duckcommanderfinstr » Sat Feb 07, 2009 9:28 am

Here we use 3 in a spread of decoys. Have no complaints except when the geese come in. If we don't get the robo's shut off, the geese will flare at about 75 yds.
Anyone else experienced that? Seems the Canadas don't like 'em. :huh:
I hunt.....because the voices in my head tell me to.
duckcommanderfinstr
hunter

Postby idduckhntr2 » Sat Feb 07, 2009 1:08 pm

duckcommanderfinstr wrote:Here we use 3 in a spread of decoys. Have no complaints except when the geese come in. If we don't get the robo's shut off, the geese will flare at about 75 yds.
Anyone else experienced that? Seems the Canadas don't like 'em. :huh:

I don't hunt geese much but I have noticed and heard that it flares them. Unless you have a remote or can jump out of your blind fast enough to turn them I wouldn't count on shooting any while using a mojo.
idduckhntr2
hunter

Postby quackerattacker » Sat Feb 14, 2009 1:00 pm

Specklebellies hate the Mojo's too...and if you ever come ta Arkansas ta hunt, leave the Mojos at home. By the time the ducks get here they've figured them out... : )
uhmmmm...ya sure that's a duck...i dunt see no green head
quackerattacker
hunter

Postby duckcommanderfinstr » Sat Feb 14, 2009 5:41 pm

quackerattacker wrote:Specklebellies hate the Mojo's too...and if you ever come ta Arkansas ta hunt, leave the Mojos at home. By the time the ducks get here they've figured them out... : )

I bet they have. We're lucky in that respect,I guess. most of the ducks we shoot here haven't seen a Mojo or any kinda decoy all summer if ever. :no:
I hunt.....because the voices in my head tell me to.
duckcommanderfinstr
hunter

Postby jrode237 » Sun Feb 22, 2009 2:46 pm

Defenitely had luck using mojos in the fields for ducks. Ran 2 most of the time with about 100 goose dekes and 40 mallard dekes. But like the other guys said, seemed to flare the geese. We'll fix that for next year with some remotes!
jrode237
hunter

Postby Trav28 » Fri Feb 27, 2009 12:48 pm

We run 2-3 plus a Vortex. Works great, we kept placing them farther out from the blinds because the birds want to land right on top of them. Just be careful you don't shoot them. :biggrin:
Trav28
hunter

Postby waterfowl10 » Sat Feb 28, 2009 2:50 pm

thanks for the info everyone! im very convinced and i will be owning one this fall! :smile:
waterfowl10
hunter

Return to Field Duck Hunting