MIGRATION REPORT 10/30/05 to 11/05/05

Information about Iowa duck hunting. Learn, share and discuss valuable tips and tricks with others.

MIGRATION REPORT 10/30/05 to 11/05/05

Postby bagndux » Sun Oct 30, 2005 5:22 pm

I think this is an easier way to report what we see out in the field/marsh. Feel free to report what you saw or shot and where. Thanks for all comments!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I feel sorry for people who don't drink. Because when they wake up that's the best they will feel all day. Frank Sinatra
bagndux
hunter

Postby jawilor » Mon Oct 31, 2005 1:50 pm

Hit Saylorville on Saturday, very little moving. One party called in 3 canadians and shot 1 (6 times), other than that it was dead. The refuge on the other side of Saylorville marina is holding a fair amount of ducks. This morning there were approximately 100 big ducks on it, probably mallards, but I couldn't tell from the highway.
jawilor
hunter

RED ROCK

Postby bagndux » Tue Nov 01, 2005 8:05 pm

Red Rock

10-27-05

Red Rock Lake is at fall pool and sub-impoundments are at pool crest elevation. Vegetation is in fairly good condition. Refuge is being pumped and will be raised another 4 inches as conditions warrant.
I feel sorry for people who don't drink. Because when they wake up that's the best they will feel all day. Frank Sinatra
bagndux
hunter

Postby jawilor » Thu Nov 03, 2005 9:28 am

Two of us hit a small public lake in W. Central Iowa yesterday for a combination hunt of ducks and pheasants. This turned out to be one of the best duck hunts I've experienced in a couple of years. We got to the boat in the water and immediately started seeing ducks. We hurried to our spot, threw out the decoys, and started shooting. Ended up with a mixed bag of 7 ducks consisting of 3 shovelers, 2 GWT, 1 bluebill, 1 mallard. Could have had more, but we missed quite a few early. There were a lot of ducks flying around this lake until about 7:15, with a second smaller flight around 8:00. We also ended up bagging 2 pheasants later in the day. This sure beats working!
jawilor
hunter

Return to Iowa Duck Hunting