Doves - What a Pleasant Surprise

Information about Iowa duck hunting. Learn, share and discuss valuable tips and tricks with others.

Doves - What a Pleasant Surprise

Postby hannibal » Thu Sep 01, 2011 12:14 pm

Three of us took 20 Doves this morning by about 10am. Breasted them, soaked them in Italian Dressing and then added some cajun rub and stuck a piece of bacon on the breast pieces with a toothpick and ate every one of them before Noon! After grilling of course!

We did not see thousands of birds but we did see quite a few. A bonus was that there were several bunches of Canadians already using the field! By the time opener arrives for them had ought to be GOOD!

Cut Corn Silage field. Going to plant a sunflower plot on our private ground in Southern Iowa next year!!!

Happy Hunting :beer:
hannibal
hunter

Re: Doves - What a Pleasant Surprise

Postby DuckNightmare » Fri Sep 02, 2011 5:25 pm

Yeah we did really well on the doves. There were 8 of us guys and we all limited out and ate everyone of them as well that night. Was a lot of fun. I don't know how many shells we shot, was quite a few though! Great time. Going to do it again tomorrow. They are a lot different than a big old mallard when trying to shoot!
shhh...don't tell the warden
DuckNightmare
hunter

Re: Doves - What a Pleasant Surprise

Postby werp16 » Mon Sep 05, 2011 6:04 pm

We hunted a public sunflower field sunday night and got six and today I went by myself and limited :yes:
werp16
hunter

Return to Iowa Duck Hunting