OPENER!!

Information about Iowa duck hunting. Learn, share and discuss valuable tips and tricks with others.

OPENER!!

Postby DuckNightmare » Sat Sep 17, 2011 4:01 pm

We had an awesome opener. Ended up with our limit of 24 total. All woodies and teal equally distributed. We did see quite a few pintail, but they would not commit to anyone on the marsh. They just swooped in and out. Probably only saw a hand full of mallards. All happened in about two hours and then slowed way down. Everyone left the marsh by 8 or 9!!! I think that is why it slowed down so much.
shhh...don't tell the warden
DuckNightmare
hunter

Re: OPENER!!

Postby DuckNightmare » Mon Sep 19, 2011 7:44 pm

Anyone make it out on Sunday? I was still recovering from Saturday night and seen rain forcasted so I slept in, haha. Just wanted to know if people did as good on Sunday as they did on Saturday or even today!
shhh...don't tell the warden
DuckNightmare
hunter

Postby twobrat » Wed Sep 21, 2011 12:23 pm

Sunday was trash for us. Saw a few woodies and teal but appeared educated.
twobrat
hunter

Postby werp16 » Thu Sep 22, 2011 7:06 pm

My dad and I shot our 12 in 15 min saturday, and sunday we got 7
werp16
hunter

Postby hawkeyehunter » Mon Sep 26, 2011 2:48 pm

Opener was slloooowww for us. I think we ended up with two woodies for both Saturday and Sunday.

For the north zone opening goose, we dropped 4 of our 12 bird limit and rocked a few others that kept on flying. Not the best shooting on our end, we should have been near 8 or so dead, but it was the first trip out for goose of the year. I didn't go out on Sunday.

Anyone else have luck for goose?
hawkeyehunter
hunter

Postby pheasants » Thu Sep 29, 2011 7:51 pm

5 man limit of mallards on saturday and 2 man limit of mallards on sunday and tuesday shot 1 mallard and 1 bwt on my own. didnt see one other duck other than a mallard over the weekend but who can complain about shooting mallards :biggrin: but we were wishing for some teal to come in as well
pheasants
hunter

Postby bluegreenteal » Mon Oct 24, 2011 3:56 pm

We had a slow early opener (September) but did very well sunday. I shot my first banded duck sunday, actually I shot my first two banded ducks. Saw exclusively woodies, and only woodies. We had our four man limit in one hour

Two bands

4 man limit

bluegreenteal
hunter

Return to Iowa Duck Hunting