Wanted - Duck Hunter

Information about Iowa duck hunting. Learn, share and discuss valuable tips and tricks with others.

Wanted - Duck Hunter

Postby shotgun219 » Sun Oct 02, 2011 7:10 pm

I'm looking for someone living near Ankeny to team up with for some duck hunting. I've been chasing mallards for over 40 years and am looking for a partner that would like to spend some time pursuing greenheads in the midwest.
I've hunted Iowa and other states and have the necessary equipment including a 14 foot high sided G-3 jon boat, reliable Mercury engine, trailer, decoys, roll up blinds, etc. All you need to do is show up with a gun, shells, waders, a little change in your pocket, and other personal gear you'd like to take.
Last year most of my hunting time was in Missouri, but I also hunted Kansas, Minnesota, Oklahoma and Saskatchewan. If conditions allow, I usually hunt Red Rock on week days till the Iowa season closes. I've also hunted Manitoba and North and South Dakota.
I'm retired and looking for someone with some time on their hands. If you have any interest or just want to visit about the possibilities, let me know.
shotgun219
Newb

Return to Iowa Duck Hunting