*South Twin Lake* - Rockwell City

Information about Iowa duck hunting. Learn, share and discuss valuable tips and tricks with others.

*South Twin Lake* - Rockwell City

Postby GunDawg420 » Thu Jan 05, 2012 10:24 am

Hey all,

Im a 25 year old avid avid duck hunter from Madison, WI...Couple years ago I purchased a lake house on North Twin Lakes, right outside of Rockwell City...For the last 2 years every fall and spring when I am at the lake house doing spring cleaning or in the fall getting ready to close the place up for the winter I see literally THOUSANDS of ducks and geese flying back and forth from North Twin to South Twin...My house is on the far south side close to the boat launch and the marina, at night there are soo many geese and ducks on South Twin that I seriously needed to close the windows at my place because all the quacking and honking is soo loud! I have only been at the lake house a couple times during Iowa's duck season and I have NEVER heard any shots coming from South Twin...Long story short, I am very interested in hunting South Twin but I am not sure if it is legal waters to hunt? Has anybody on here ever hunted South Twin Lakes? If so what are the rules and regulations for the lake? I literally know nothing about South Twin Lake other than its filled with ducks and geese at the right time of year.

Also if anybody on here lives near by or hunts anywhere near Rockwell City/Twin Lakes please PM me because I would really love to pick yer brain on spots, decoy setups, ideal boats to use, etc...And furthermore if you are in the area and are looking to team up for an Iowa duck hunt next year please PM and let me know!

Thanks and happy hunting!

:beer:
If you're too busy to go duck hunting, then you're too busy!
GunDawg420
hunter

Re: *South Twin Lake* - Rockwell City

Postby GunDawg420 » Tue Jan 10, 2012 7:08 pm

For real? 515 views and not one person can give me any info?!?
If you're too busy to go duck hunting, then you're too busy!
GunDawg420
hunter

Return to Iowa Duck Hunting