Your NEW 3RD Zone & Iowa Duck Season' S 2012

Information about Iowa duck hunting. Learn, share and discuss valuable tips and tricks with others.

Your NEW 3RD Zone & Iowa Duck Season' S 2012

Postby feathhd » Thu Apr 12, 2012 5:17 pm

Proposed season dates for OUR NEW Option 2. a 3 Zone State

NORTH ZONE* SOUTH ZONE* MO RIVER ZONE*

Ducks, Mergansers and Coots Sept. 22 – 26 < ---STATE WIDE Early Season

North Zone Oct. 13 – Dec. 6

South Zone Oct. 20 – Dec. 13

Mo. River Zone Oct. 27 – Dec. 20

Youth Waterfowl Hunting Days
North Zone Oct. 6 – 7
South Zone Oct. 13 – 14
Mo. River Zone Oct. 20 – 21

Canada geese and Brant
North Zone Sept. 29 – Jan. 4,
South Zone Oct. 6 – Jan. 11,
Mo. River Zone Oct. 13 – Jan. 18,

White-fronted geese
North Zone Sept. 29 – Dec. 11
South Zone Oct. 6 – Dec. 18
Mo. River Zone Oct. 13 – Dec. 25

Light Geese (white and blue phase
snow geese and Ross’ geese)
North Zone Sept. 29 – Jan. 13,
South Zone Oct. 6 - Jan. 18,
Mo. River Zone Oct. 13 - Jan. 18,

Again a lot of Thank You's go out to the NRC members for the time and all their efforts in grappling with this highly contentious issue. They obviously put in a lot of effort and time going over the many options. Today their vote on a 3rd zone put Iowa and Iowa duck hunters in a much better position not only to address moderate or restrictive season structures but also put us in a better position to advance and promote recreational economic activity and Opportunity as a whole. No question it was a difficult process but at the End of the Day they did the right thing for the interest of Iowa and Iowa Duck Hunting!

I again wish to thank our IDNR Buruea Chief Dale Garner, our State Waterfowl Biologist Guy Zenner, Director Roger Lande and said staff of the IDNR who helped develop the Mo. River Duck zone survey. Make no mistake about it, it was I think a very instrumental component in today's decision process. Another thing that should be mentioned folks is that these fine people who work on these very difficult issues also Support the Development of a Iowa Waterfowl Study Group that puts us all working together on Idea sharing, Opinion sharing and development of how to resolve our waterfowling issues / problems so the Iowa Waterfowl season proposal are finely tuned and collaborated with we the Iowa Waterfowling community. I truly think in this process many of us may find a New appreciation for these people and the Job they do and certainly allows us the ability as a waterfowling community to develop a Stronger Partnership with our IDNR partners. It will go a long way in building Trust relations and that my finds if you do not have always eats away at any strong and positive working relationships.

We as a whole, IDNR, NRC , WATERFOWLERS can do much better and through the Iowa Waterfowl Study Group Development ,can and will succeed in resolving many issues, many of us have though to be unsolvable or barriers to progress!

I also would like to thank our Good Friend and Senator **** Dearden for taking the time to speak today and share with NRC members his opinions to the statewide proposal as bad for Iowa and bad for Iowa duck hunters! Thank You, Thank You, Thank You and I would add the Senator **** Dearden also lead off in Support of and the Development of an Iowa Waterfowl Study Group!

Again please let me say lets not tarnish the work or the efforts of all involved in this process that has brought us this far. Lets Build upon this success because at the end of the day be it IDNR, NRC, Waterfowlers, WE ARE ALL IN THIS TOGEATHER!

I would like to request that every last supporter of Option 5, please contact me with your e mail address as I would like to keep all of us together who have stuck together over later season opportunities, up to date on any developments in the Iowa Waterfowl Study Group or other opportunaties.

I thank you all for your time, your effort and your commitment to Iowa waterfowling and Iowa Waterfowlers.

Sincerely,
William J. Smith
President
Mo. Valley Waterfowlers Association
712-274-3343
FHD101@AOL.COM
F/H/D
feathhd
hunter

Re: Your NEW 3RD Zone & Iowa Duck Season' S 2012

Postby Goosehunterdog » Sun May 20, 2012 4:52 pm

Looks good to me as long as the 3rd zone doesn't split at HWY 34 I personaly don't like that idea.................... So does this mean that they have settled with the only proposal being a 3rd zone being along the MO river only? That sounds wonderful to me!
Happy Training!!!!
Goosehunterdog
DHC Sponsor

Postby feathhd » Sun May 20, 2012 5:33 pm

NO TO 34 AND YES IT IS JUST THE MO. RIVER REGION AS THE ZONE WITH ROUTE 29 AS THE BOUNDARY LINE AND EVERYTHING WEST FROM 29 TO THE RIVER IS THE 3RD ZONE.
F/H/D
feathhd
hunter

Postby Goosehunterdog » Sun May 20, 2012 5:39 pm

Sounds good to me! Thanks for the update.
Happy Training!!!!
Goosehunterdog
DHC Sponsor

Postby feathhd » Mon May 21, 2012 12:01 am

Anytime :thumbsup:
F/H/D
feathhd
hunter

Return to Iowa Duck Hunting