Action being Taken to ADDRESS USFWS

Information about Iowa duck hunting. Learn, share and discuss valuable tips and tricks with others.

Action being Taken to ADDRESS USFWS

Postby feathhd » Sat Jun 09, 2012 10:54 am

This letter is a Response letter to the USFWS actions that seek to Revise ( What is the Priority Duck Production Region ) so as to directly isolate increased funding to 1 specific cross section of the US duck production Region which would in Fact cut vital Federal Duck Stamp revenues for Iowa's PPJV Duck Production Region and cut Iowa's ability to capitalize ,utilize Federal NAWCA revenues that Restore, Enhance and Permanently Protect critical Duck Production Habitat in Iowa's known PPJV Duck Production Region.

Please take the time today and utilize the information in this letter to Iowa's Senators & Representatives to craft in your Own words, Your own personal response letter to the issues. Each and every single waterfowler who takes a little bit of time and effort to craft his or her letter, to said leadership in DC is Absolutely Necessary to Stop , Prevent said actions by the USFWS that would negatively Effect the Restoration , Enhancement and Protection efforts of Vital Duck production Habitat in Iowa's known PPJV region ,that Iowa waterfowlers & IDNR have worked on over the past 20 years.

Letter:

Dear ____________ I write today to advise you as my Senator / Representative that I do Not and Will not Support the USFWS actions that seek to De-prioritize Iowa's PPJV duck Production Region and Redefine the US Duck Production Region of the US PPR. Said action would remove your home states PPJV duck production region as a Priority with in the Revised NAWMP ( North American Waterfowl Management Plan ) This action would allow the USFWS the ability to strip Iowa from it's present, annual 2 million dollars in Federal Duck Stamp revenues that it has received over the past 20 years to invest in Waterfowl Production Habitat in your home states known PPJV Duck Production Region. Those federal Duck Stamp Revenues have been spent to Restore, Enhance and Permanently Protect said vital duck production habitat in your home states known PPJV Duck Production Region for future Generations of Iowa Waterfowlers and Waterfowl populations as a whole.

I write today to advise you that I do Not and Will Not Support any Effort by the USFWS that seeks to increase or place Iowa and it's PPJV region under New revised Guidelines / Rules that force it to generate more non- federal match dollars in order to competitively compete for federal NAWCA dollars / grants. ( North American Wetlands Conservation Act ) If any action is taken under NAWMP to de-prioritize Iowa's PPJV Duck Production Region, it would in fact put Iowa and it's PPJV region under extreme NAWCA guidelines that would force us as a state to come up with increased non federal match dollars to qualify or competitively compete for federal NAWCA grants. It is highly likely that we would not be able to competitively compete for these NAWCA grants, further leaving Iowa and our known PPJV region at a huge disadvantage. This potential change in NAWCA criteria should Not negatively impact your home states present ability or non federal match formula to be competitive for Federal NAWCA grants. NAWCA has been a huge asset to the state of Iowa and to the waterfowling community as a whole in it's mission as a duck production region to permanently secure and protect vital duck production habitat, that is highly beneficial to waterfowlers across the country but extremely vital to the overall security and future of waterfowl populations as a whole.

I write today to validate my support for potential changes in Federal Duck stamp Revenues, NAWCA criteria and the Federal Duck Stamp Bill as long as Iowa's PPJV region Maintains it's Priority status with a Revised NAWMP AND Iowa maintains it's annual 2 million dollars in federal duck stamp revenues. I write today to validate my support for potential Criteria changes to NAWCA as long as Iowa's non-federal match ratio does Not change from it's present 2 to 1 match criteria.

I write today to validate my support for the Federal Duck Stamp Bill and the allocation shift that the USFWS supports as long as Iowa PPJV maintains it's annual 2 million dollars in federal duck stamp revenues, maintains it's present NAWCA match ratio formula of 2 to 1. If the USFWS seeks any thing less than this, it is unacceptable . I as a duck hunter do not see where anyone would consider stripping Iowa of it's annual 2 million dollars in Federal Duck Stamp Revenues, make it harder to obtain a federal NAWCA grant and then turn around and sock me with a federal duck Stamp increase of $10 dollars and claim said actions are of direct benefit to me or to the future of your home states known PPJV Duck Production region.

I ask for your Support and assistance to protect our Status with in the NAWMP & NAWCA so as to continue the work we have done over the past 20 years in Restoring, Enhancing and protecting Vital Duck Production Habitat that is vital to the overall future of waterfowlers & waterfowl.

Make sure that when you send your version of the letter that you 1st place ATTN: <-- in front of your Senators or Representatives name as a notice that directly would put this letter on his desk and officially require his or her personal response to the said issues outlined in the letter.

Again my fellow Iowa waterfowlers this IS absolutely vital that this effort by you be taken if we are to secure the future of our work as a community OF DUCK HUNTERS with in the known Iowa PPJV Duck Production Region.

Please make sure to e mail your copy of your letter to these additional contacts.

James_Rice@grassley.senate.gov Senator Chuck Grassleys Policy Advisor

nathan_vanderplaats@harkin.senate.gov Senator Tom Harkins Regional Advisor <--Duck Hunter

Thomas.Binion@mail.house.gov Representative Steve Kings Policy Advisor <--- Duck Hunter

Sincerely,

William J. Smith
Sioux City Iowa
5309 hwy 75n lot 44
712-253-0362 Cell
712-274-3343 Home
FHD101@AOL.COM
F/H/D
feathhd
hunter

Re: Action being Taken to ADDRESS USFWS

Postby feathhd » Sat Jun 09, 2012 12:17 pm

Anyway folks here is a Congressional site that leads you to the contact page of every Representative and Senator we have in Iowa.

Made easy.

Make sure to send your reply to the issue to all of them even if they do not represent your district.

Thanks

http://www.iowacorn.org/en/policy/io...onal_contacts/
F/H/D
feathhd
hunter

Return to Iowa Duck Hunting