My Opinion on Hot Weather.

Information about Iowa duck hunting. Learn, share and discuss valuable tips and tricks with others.

My Opinion on Hot Weather.

Postby MossyMallard12 » Tue Jul 03, 2012 6:15 pm

Here is what I think the hot weather we've been having has to do with migration (If you think I'm wrong tell me so nicely). Opinions are like elbows, everyone has a couple of them. It takes cold weather to push Mallards and other big ducks down here and to other states. And all this hot weather will keep them up in Canada ect, and gives them no reason to leave. If it stays warm clear into late September and early October, we'll see ducks migrate later and later. I also think that the early week in September should be cut off and added on the the end of the season. Last year I saw all the big Mallards flying after the season was over. That's my opinion.
Chillin', Killin', Grillin'!
MossyMallard12
hunter

Re: My Opinion on Hot Weather.

Postby TomKat » Wed Jul 04, 2012 7:55 am

MossyMallard12 wrote:Here is what I think the hot weather we've been having has to do with migration (If you think I'm wrong tell me so nicely). Opinions are like elbows, everyone has a couple of them. It takes cold weather to push Mallards and other big ducks down here and to other states. And all this hot weather will keep them up in Canada ect, and gives them no reason to leave. If it stays warm clear into late September and early October, we'll see ducks migrate later and later. I also think that the early week in September should be cut off and added on the the end of the season. Last year I saw all the big Mallards flying after the season was over. That's my opinion.

Why don't you get your state to allow rifle deer hunting??
TomKat
Dorothy

Postby werp16 » Wed Jul 04, 2012 5:26 pm

Yes thats all true but I like shooting bluewings. I also think if the september season was closed then that would take away a lot of older hunters and kids that we need to keep our sport going,

Thats just my opinion of it.

(theres also a thread somewhere about Calender ducks, which migrate regardless of weather, mallards not included)
werp16
hunter

Postby werp16 » Wed Jul 04, 2012 5:29 pm

Why don't you get your state to allow rifle deer hunting??[/quote]
Because we like having big deer. :lol3: There is a rifle season in the southern counties.
werp16
hunter

Postby TomKat » Wed Jul 04, 2012 5:49 pm

werp16 wrote:Why don't you get your state to allow rifle deer hunting??

Because we like having big deer. :lol3: There is a rifle season in the southern counties.[/quote]

We seem to get some big deer here with a rifle season.
TomKat
Dorothy

Postby werp16 » Thu Jul 05, 2012 10:47 am

Iowa is probably too flat... :huh: Thats my guess as why we don't have a rifle season
werp16
hunter

Postby woodysniper » Thu Aug 09, 2012 8:14 pm

I'm in favor of getting rid of the early season and adding it onto the end, I think that would get rid of some of the sky busting idiots that seem to always show up opening weekend.
Remember to spay and nueter your democrats.
woodysniper
hunter

Return to Iowa Duck Hunting