IDNR & NRC Urgent Action Notice

Information about Iowa duck hunting. Learn, share and discuss valuable tips and tricks with others.

IDNR & NRC Urgent Action Notice

Postby feathhd » Wed Jul 04, 2012 1:17 pm

To all waterfowlers of Iowa, far and wide please take the time to respond with your Support.

Recently our NRC took it upon themselves to vote to change our 3rd zone along the Mo. River and make it much smaller. They reduced the size of the late season duck zone by 60%. They call this change insignificant.
The April NRC meeting voted on a 3rd zone that put everything west of 29 into the 3rd zone. All zone options where on the table in April except the one they voted on in June. No map, no description, no public notice of intended action to change the zone was give. It simply did not give the general public any opportunity what so ever to review this change and then go through the general process of public comment.

I ask you right now to stand with us to defend the April Vote and the Original 3rd zone that was voted on and approved.

I ask you right now to sign your name, your address, your email contact and other contact information if you can to this subject topic to up hold the April vote.

I ask your right now to send a very critical e-mail to our IDNR Director Chuck Gipp and tell him that you want the IDNR to step in and resolve this problem and Restore the April vote that did execute public input and protocol to the letter. The June NRC vote did not and should not be tolerated. E mail our Fish & Wildlife bureau chief Dale Garner to, he is also our Flyway Council Representative.

Chuck.Gipp@dnr.iowa.gov
Dale.garner@dnr.iowa.gov

Again everyone your support is critical and we simply cannot allow the NRC to run wild, because if they get away with it here on this issue, they can just as easily get away with it in your region. This action was done simply to appease a Private Club Owner west of route 29 who does not allow Public access.

Thank you all for your Help on this and your Support. I will print this list of supporters for the July meeting next week. The IDNR has an Opportunity to restore trust of we the public duck hunters. They are our partners and we need our partners to Step Up to the Plate!
F/H/D
feathhd
hunter

Re: IDNR & NRC Urgent Action Notice

Postby feathhd » Wed Jul 04, 2012 1:19 pm

William J. Smith
Sioux City IA
5309 HWY 75N lot 44
712-274-3343
FHD101@AOL.COM

Restore the April Vote and Reject the June Vote
F/H/D