Get your dogs ready

Information about Iowa duck hunting. Learn, share and discuss valuable tips and tricks with others.

Get your dogs ready

Postby duckdog » Sun Jul 23, 2006 10:05 pm

Hey everyone hunting season is'nt far off. Now is the time to be getting your four legged hunting partners in shape. Just be careful of the heat, plenty of water, and shade. I take my lab out to the lake for swimming, and jumping off the dock every chance I get, and for jogs down the gravel roads every morning before work. Warning on the gravel road jogging, watch out for skunks. There seems to be plenty of them out this year.
Any day in the outdoor's is better than at work
duckdog
hunter

Postby horse » Mon Aug 07, 2006 4:08 pm

Hay duckdog dont forget the other birds also,Had Runt out running and in 3 1/2 miles she locked down tight on 6 bunches of partridge and over 40 phesants,you should of seen the look she gave me when I told her No,and then the look she had when the chicks ran between her legs to get away,it was one of those ,what the heck looks. :laughing: :toofunny: priceless and i didnt have camera,but bird counts seem to be up over this way,hope the same up your way,cant wait for duckin,pigions just arenot the same and dont taste as good :thumbsup: Hope you and yours are doing good and maby we will catch you this fall.
smile all and have a great day all
horse
hunter

Postby duckdog » Mon Aug 07, 2006 9:34 pm

Hey good to hear from you Horse, how has things been, good I hope. I have been seeing alot of pheasants in the mornings, have'nt seen any partridge yet.

There is 2 dogs in my neighborhood that are in heat right now, and my male is going absolutley bonkers. Seems whenever there is a female in heat, he puts training on the back burner. As my wife would say he is a typical male :tounge: :laughing: .

Have you been up around Rush Lake latley, I have'nt been that way for a while, was wandering how it looked after the draw down, any water make it back in, or did they get the muskrats out.

Good hearing from you !!! :thumbsup:
Any day in the outdoor's is better than at work
duckdog
hunter

Return to Iowa Duck Hunting