Looking for some hunting buddies

Information about Iowa duck hunting. Learn, share and discuss valuable tips and tricks with others.

Looking for some hunting buddies

Postby GooseSlayer14 » Tue Oct 09, 2012 11:06 am

Hi, Im currently a student at Iowa State, im from minnesota and really dont have anyone to hunt with. Just looking for some people to get together with and do some hunting, I have decoys but they are at home, I have calls and am pretty good on them. If anyone is interested or would like to meet up shoot me a PM.
"If it flies it Dies"
GooseSlayer14
hunter

Re: Looking for some hunting buddies

Postby blakduck » Wed Oct 10, 2012 6:59 pm

Gooseslayer-

Try the DU student chapter at ISU. You'll be able to meet some folks to go hunting with. I graduated in 04 and did some hunting around Ames and the surrounding area. Don't know if you have done any scouting but Saylorville Lake always produced ducks and there was a small public marsh east of Ames 15-30 mins that if timed right produced ducks too. I'm not sure how the water levels are in that area but I know southeast IA where my parents live it is real low. If you are after just geese I can't help you cause we just chased ducks. Anyways enjoy your time at school it will be over before you know it.
blakduck
hunter

Return to Iowa Duck Hunting