29 more days

Information about Iowa duck hunting. Learn, share and discuss valuable tips and tricks with others.

29 more days

Postby MODMAN22 » Fri Aug 25, 2006 1:16 pm

i got it bad :hammering:
MODMAN22
hunter

Postby horse » Fri Aug 25, 2006 5:22 pm

join the club :salude: I dont now who is worse the dog(I messed up and said I was planning vacatoin///she new instantly)Or me,just cant wait for the taste of fresh duck,and got calls already from old freinds making planns for opening weekend,,,,Hay duck dog what looks good up your way for water so far?3 boys asking me where(1 mine and 2of a freind that cant go anymore(back is shot so he called me to take boys),,,good boys need tobe around good hunters if you catch my drift.thanks all for any info,seeya on the water.
smile all and have a great day all
horse
hunter

Postby duckdog » Sun Aug 27, 2006 9:28 pm

Can't wait to get out there either!!! Water levels are not bad, with the rains we had a few weeks ago.

Horse I have'nt been to Rush Lake yet, but have heard that it does'nt look good for hunting on the water this fall. They are still trying to fill it after the draw down. I will try to get down there to give you a confirmation. Other wise sloughs, and lakes around Ruthven have decent water levels for this time of year.
Any day in the outdoor's is better than at work
duckdog
hunter

Postby horse » Sun Aug 27, 2006 11:03 pm

Thanks Duckdog I do apreciate the info,going to try and take a day here next few weeks and sneak up that way with boat and try motoring around in different spots,12ft V and pushpole should give us a good idea for opener.going to check a few other spots ppl have reminded me of also.I will post up info once I get it dune unless you beat me to it :thumbsup: ,thanks againduckdog and I hope all is good and well for you and yours.
horse
hunter

RUSH

Postby MODMAN22 » Mon Aug 28, 2006 1:23 pm

I DONT THINK THERE WILL BE ANY HUNTING GOING ON THERE THIS YEAR WATER IS UP TO 3' TP 4' BUT THE WEEDS ARE 5' TO 6' TALL ......NO OPEN WATER THAT I COULD FIND.
MODMAN22
hunter

Postby horse » Thu Aug 31, 2006 2:24 pm

hay guys,unless they shut off crick or it rains one Heck of alot Rush wont be anygood.Modman was rite on about lack of water,went by there today with semi and even climbed on top of cab with glasses and only water was mainchannel open, but good news was that there was quit a few ducks out there from what I could see from black top with good feildglasses,whent up to rock rapids with load and watched both ways,and seemed if there was water there was birds,bad fog in spots on way up. Hay duckdog,go over to lagons and tell those geese if they dont want to die befor hunting seson not to fly over highway in the fog in front of white semis,that realy sucked this morning,no where to go with traffic on my butt and they flew across in front of me,one dead in the load and I know I heard 3 good thumps.I truly hate hunting with the truck, it dousnt leave anything worth eating,if you know what I mean,alot of desent water up that way from what I could see,so hopefully things will look better closer to seson.Modman I didnt dought you I just had to see for myself,you probly know how that goes. Have a good day all.
horse
hunter

Postby MODMAN22 » Tue Sep 05, 2006 12:16 pm

Just wondering if dnr put in the last 2 boards in...If any one gets out there if u can get me the depth reading off the the wall that would be great, it was @ 9'6" or so when i was last up there and water was running over the boards. going to need 11' to be hunted i would say.

dont look good

are any of the other lakes up that way good for hunting like silver, little clear lake, pickerel.or any others i have not thought of.

P.S. ONLY 17 MORE DAYS LEFT JUST NEED A PLACE TO HUNT
MODMAN22
hunter

Postby horse » Tue Sep 05, 2006 2:55 pm

duckdog through some ideas out here awhile back,Little clear isnt to bad,but rush was always better,alot guys jump that lake,almost got decoys blown out of water there 2 years ago.was going to ask you if ya had been over by kiowa marsh or any of those areas of recent,I know I am going to make a run up that way next week with bout just to check things out and then head up tworads Barringer and trumbll lake to check out duckdogs ideas and areas.Have agood day all and will let ya know what I find out soon as I can. :thumbsup:
horse
hunter

Postby MODMAN22 » Thu Sep 14, 2006 6:27 am

9 MORE DAYS........215 HOURS......... 12900 OR SO MIN.

It cant get here soon enough

We shoot 5 limits of geese on sat. and that just made we want to the 23rd to get here faster. this extra week off is killing me. :hammering:
MODMAN22
hunter

Return to Iowa Duck Hunting