Duck Hunting Forum banner

Duck Reports

2K views 16 replies 7 participants last post by  QuackAttacker 
#1 ·
How did everyone do this morning? My dad and I got to our spot 20 mins. before shooting time. We were able to get 2 BWT and 1 GWT. We should have gotten a lot more but they were flying from every direction and we couldn't see them in time. I've never heard so many gun shots as I did this morning. It was constant. I've also never seen so many vehicles. In one spot were there usually isn't any there was 8 to 10. All in all it was a lot of fun. Hope everyone else had a good time. Post up how you did!

#2 ·
was up to little clear,and got there about 3am with boats already on the lake,everybody was really desent on given room to each other,maby 8 bouts and good lord knows how many walkers,1 woodie drake and 2 BWT,and lost two other woodies 1 to the feilds and 1 that dog was in way so couldnt take shot,but even with weather it was a great day of relaxing.

#5 ·
Rush lake was not the place to be this morning,skyblasters came out at shooting time and parked right in the middle of lake,NO Coot was safe from the way I could see it :pissed: ,and the Geese up that way will be very call wise by the time seson rolls around :pissed: ,1 bwt is all for this mornings shoot,to busy trying to duck and stay out of steelrain,there were a few desent ppl up there though,I do hope the rest of you folks had better days than the dog and I :thumbsup:

#6 ·
Almost forgot,there is water in Rush,and Briggs and push pole both worked good,few had mudd motors, but there is enuf water to make it huntable,would be nice if they put in a few more planks though and bring it up another 6in. to a foot and half,but alot of good cover though.Have a great day all,I hope this info helps out some one,have a good hunt all. :salude:

#7 ·
Well we had a great weekend on the Mississippi. Yesterday my Nephew, Brother-in-law, and myself shot 16, 6 Woodies the rest were Blue wing Teal. This morning the 3 of us shot 9. I shot my 2 Woodies, 1 Mallard, and 3 BWT. they shot 2 Woodies, a |BWT, and a LOT of shells. the bottom of my boat is covered w/20, & 12 ga. empties. I'll be hittin'er tomorrow mornin' by myself.

Lance

#8 ·
did very well i thought for what we did, park at the boat ramp, walk about 200 and 300 yards with decoys and shot a blue wing and a coot and miss 2 others. goose where everywhere.

sunday shot 2 green wind on the river and saw a lot of geese on the river that came into gun range. I'll be back next saturday and sunday hunting with a bow

#9 ·
Got 2 green heads, 1 widgeon, and 2 bwt, and 1 cinnamon teal saturday morning, two woodies sunday morning. Ducks flew awesome saturday, not so great sunday though. Seen a fare amount of bluebills, and ringnecks flying around already.

#10 ·
duckdog said:
Got 2 green heads, 1 widgeon, and 2 bwt, and 1 cinnamon teal saturday morning, two woodies sunday morning. Ducks flew awesome saturday, not so great sunday though. Seen a fare amount of bluebills, and ringnecks flying around already.
Way to go on the cinnamon teal. Was it fully colored out? We went out again on sunday afternoon and got 3 bwt. Were headed out in a little bit to the marsh. We now know the spot that there all flying to. Hopefully it will be a good shoot.

#11 ·
On Rush north pond 2woodies,1bwt,and 2mallards off a dredge ditch,seen birds sitting in the mud at East twin but no way to get to them,with out being seen,about 20 geese hanging around there to with a big old swan.Definetly better than working today. :thumbsup:

#13 ·
Nice job on the ducks horse. Well the plan for tonight failed. :thumbsdown: We ended up with a whole lot of nothing. Seems like when I think its gonna go good, its bad and when I think its gonna be bad, its good. I'm going to have to start thinking more negative before hunting. Anyways, we got a new plan for tomorrow. I know for certain were not going to see a thing. :getdown: :thumbsup: :yes:

#14 ·
Cinnamon teal was'nt to bad color wise, but the 3 shot about took his head off. Was'nt able to make it out after the weekend (stupid work) :yes: .

Horse any time you wan't to come farther north than Rush let me know when I will see if it works out.

#15 ·
Had a great early season - best I've ever had. Hunted Saturday, Monday, Wednesday and ended up with 9 teal (green & blue mixed), 3 mallards, 2 wigeon, 1 gadwall, and 1 pintail. My buddy shot a bunch of teal also, 1 mallard, 1 wigeon, 1 woodie, and 1 pintail. Can't wait until the 14th!

#17 ·
My dad and I ended up this morning with a mallard, pintail, gwt, and a nice wood duck that is now in the freezer. Like usual, we should have had a couple more but sometimes when I pulled the trigger, it would just click. We had a couple of different pairs and groups of mallards that kept cupping up but they wouldn't commit.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.