new goose reports

Information about Iowa duck hunting. Learn, share and discuss valuable tips and tricks with others.

new goose reports

Postby cdwjrw3909@yahoo.com » Fri Sep 29, 2006 4:35 pm

opening day is incoming where to go
cdwjrw3909@yahoo.com
hunter

Postby horse » Fri Sep 29, 2006 7:17 pm

all depends on where you are at now?but there are lots of geese around.If I new what part of the state you where in I would give you some ideas.
smile all and have a great day all
horse
hunter

Postby Long Grove labs » Fri Sep 29, 2006 11:54 pm

If it were me I'd go to where the Geese are bunched up, and follow them out. that wayed you'd know where they was goin'
Life's journey is not to arrive safely at the grave in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting"...Holy crap...what a ride!"
Long Grove labs
hunter

Postby cdwjrw3909@yahoo.com » Sat Sep 30, 2006 2:23 pm

don't go to the river because the geese are not there, but the ducks were
cdwjrw3909@yahoo.com
hunter

Postby horse » Sat Sep 30, 2006 2:25 pm

depending on where your hunting,there are always gees north of ft dodge on the river,just could'nt get close enuf this morning.
smile all and have a great day all
horse
hunter

Postby duckdog » Sun Oct 01, 2006 8:28 pm

Got up at 4:00 a.m. Saturday morning to go out in the boat, felt like crud went back to bed. That was the just of my opening day. Started to feel better, so I went walleye fishing that night got a couple keepers. Hunted a picked cornfield sunday morning, had a pair come in, I dumped one, and my buddy hit the other three times with Kent 3 1/2" BBB, and he kept going over the hill quite aways, we did happen to see where he folded up, and took the dog over and got him. That was the only geese we had come in close.

Did have alot of mallards, and woodies land into the decoys though!!!
Any day in the outdoor's is better than at work
duckdog
hunter

Postby QuackAttacker » Mon Oct 09, 2006 10:29 pm

Man, thought I was gonna get in an accident this morning going to school. Geese were flying everywhere along 20. Many different groups cupped up into many fields right next to the highway and they were LOW. It was pretty sweet to see the different size of birds. Some looked so small coming down compaired to others that they were with. Also saw a lot already sittin in the fields. It was definitely hard to keep my eyes on the road.
QuackAttacker
hunter

Return to Iowa Duck Hunting