Rush Lake

Information about Iowa duck hunting. Learn, share and discuss valuable tips and tricks with others.

Rush Lake

Postby duckdog » Tue Oct 17, 2006 4:56 am

Anyone have any luck at Rush so far this year. Drove by there yesterday, and seen a few duck's flying around in the afternoon. The level at the outlet was at 9.5. Not for sure how that measures up for water out in the middle where you hunt at.
Any day in the outdoor's is better than at work
duckdog
hunter

Postby liv2dukhnt » Tue Oct 17, 2006 8:40 pm

hunted rush 1st opener sucked, hunted youth opener was a little better, but not much. the problem is there is no place to hide a boat. all the open water is covered in smart weed, not really any where to get next to the rushes. maybe later in the year when the smart weed dies and sinks it may get better. hopes this helps you.
DEAD HENS DONT LAY EGGS
liv2dukhnt
hunter

Postby horse » Thu Oct 19, 2006 5:54 pm

Duckdog,kid(4 legged) and I been doing half way desent,its been worth my trip up,hunted little clear first Saterday opener and rest of time been making the trip,would be nice if they would put another board or 2 in,been running grandads old V with the Briggs and I never leave home with out waders and pushpole,smart weed is bigest pain,most water off the main is about waist deep,but as liv2 said once the weeds die off it will help running and hiding,cold snap had a 1/8 in.ice sheet last Saterday,ran 24 straight to be back and go and then did the duck call snore till everybody started shooting,was some decent numbers flying in and out.
smile all and have a great day all
horse
hunter

Postby horse » Fri Oct 20, 2006 1:31 pm

duckdog kid and I will be up there in the morning to make the ducks laugh and you probly know where I will set up if you got my PM. I think there has to be a pocket back in there and I am going to try and find it,probly be up around 2 or so,hope you and family all doing good and haveing a good day :salude:
smile all and have a great day all
horse
hunter

Return to Iowa Duck Hunting