Best decoy

Information about Iowa duck hunting. Learn, share and discuss valuable tips and tricks with others.

Best decoy

Postby duckdog » Wed Oct 18, 2006 10:01 pm

What is your favorite duck decoy, does'nt have to be whats in your decoy bag, maybe on the wish list. I got some Flambeau's mallard that are a few years old and look pertty good yet, but I am going to switch over to GHG life size. Just have to do it in moderation so the wife does'nt blow up all at once. :yes:
Any day in the outdoor's is better than at work
duckdog
hunter

Postby QuackAttacker » Thu Oct 19, 2006 8:51 am

I would have to say I've always wanted some full bodies. I think they would stick out more on the public marsh and it would look different than everyone elses spread.
QuackAttacker
hunter

Postby harvey1b » Thu Oct 19, 2006 8:56 am

I have some of the GHG life size mallards, and they are really nice.

I agree with QuackAttacker, a couple of the preening full bodies would give some realism.
harvey1b
hunter

Postby Long Grove labs » Thu Oct 19, 2006 11:04 am

Got 3 doz. of the new GHG field Mallard decoys this year. They are in all different types of looks. They lok dang good sittin' in the field, mud, & on stumps.
Life's journey is not to arrive safely at the grave in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting"...Holy crap...what a ride!"
Long Grove labs
hunter

decoys

Postby Blocko » Fri Oct 20, 2006 2:02 pm

I use GHG Lifesize and oversize, will never use anything else..... Hunting a hole one day last year and was just shooting Drakes, had 2 suzies land in the dekes... started dinking around and forgot about them.... 5 minutes later I tried to find them in the dekes, couldn't... thought they had got out of there or swam off....... a few minutes later I stood up to look around and they both jumped out of the middle of the dekes.....thats a pretty good looking decoy.....
Blocko
hunter

Return to Iowa Duck Hunting