Any bowhunters out there???

Information about Iowa duck hunting. Learn, share and discuss valuable tips and tricks with others.

Any bowhunters out there???

Postby duckdog » Wed Oct 25, 2006 9:54 pm

All the talk of duck hunting, and pheasant season coming. How are any of you bowhunters doing out there? The rut should start to be kicking in.

Let us know if you have shot the monster wall hanger. I have'nt bow hunted for about five years now, loved going out, but I am a terrible shot with a bow. That is why I spend my time on the water. Love to be outdoors, and I am a million times more accurate with a shotgun that a bow
Any day in the outdoor's is better than at work
duckdog
hunter

Postby Zugunruhe » Thu Oct 26, 2006 8:43 am

I'm getting back in the game after a five year hiatus. To me, bowhunting (well, and turkey hunting) are the only things that even come close to the excitement of waterfowling. I haven't made it out with the bow yet this year, but everything is ready to go when the opportunity presents itself.

As the rut goes, the cold weather earlier this week was moving things along nicely. My brother had a nice 12 cross the road in front of him trailing three does nose to the ground on Monday. Sounds as though things are warming back up for this weekend, so we still might be looking at an early November rut. Warm weather should have the chicken chasers out in force, so I'll be hunting ducks. Much more fun to pheasant hunt in the snow!

How are water levels in the Ruthven area? I'm going to be at the in-laws this weekend in Storm Lake and am contemplating brining the boat and hitting Little Clear or maybe Sunken Grove.
Zugunruhe
hunter

Postby cdwjrw3909@yahoo.com » Thu Oct 26, 2006 8:09 pm

the baby G is in the house of west des moines, but i need help and fast on what to do GO DUCK HUNTING OR DEER HUNTING OR PHEASANT HUNTING

I NEED HELP PLEASE, REPOND
cdwjrw3909@yahoo.com
hunter

Postby duckdog » Thu Oct 26, 2006 10:22 pm

Not for sure about water levels at little clear, or sunken grove. I beleive in one of the other recent posts in this forum someone commented on this. It has been a dry summer, and fall. Thank God for the good shot of rain we did get in August, other wise it might be a drought.
Any day in the outdoor's is better than at work
duckdog
hunter

Return to Iowa Duck Hunting