Let em come on in

Information about Iowa duck hunting. Learn, share and discuss valuable tips and tricks with others.

Let em come on in

Postby duckdog » Thu Oct 26, 2006 10:33 pm

This year I have started doing things a little different when shooting at duck's. If they are not even considering of circling my decoys, I don't shoot, and if I can't tell what they are I don't shoot. Now I don't mean if a mallard comes by at 20 yards with no intention of looking at all, I am not going to shoot. Guess what I am getting after is I am not taking long shot's or skybusting if you will. I have even been letting alot of the teal, spoonies, and others just lite in the decoys, and watch them. Very enjoyable.

The nice thing about it is that I have learned alot more about decoying ducks doing this, even after doing it for 20 years.
Any day in the outdoor's is better than at work
duckdog
hunter

Postby Don Shafer » Fri Oct 27, 2006 5:31 am

That's the way to do it.
It's always more gratifying if you shoot em in the lips as they are on final approach into the blocks.
I like the look on their faces when they realize they got suckered, right before the load of #2 steel hits em.
:getdown:
Don Shafer
hunter

Postby horse » Fri Oct 27, 2006 5:08 pm

:salude: definetly sounds good to me,good luck all no matter what your hunting
smile all and have a great day all
horse
hunter

Postby cdwjrw3909@yahoo.com » Fri Oct 27, 2006 8:21 pm

I AGREE WITH U ALSO it's hard to make them come in, but when they turn u have the jerk with long gun shooting across the lake
I THINK HE BUYS SUPER SHEELS
cdwjrw3909@yahoo.com
hunter

Return to Iowa Duck Hunting