The Iowa Gov Gives Iowa Sportsmen A BIG BLOW

Information about Iowa duck hunting. Learn, share and discuss valuable tips and tricks with others.

The Iowa Gov Gives Iowa Sportsmen A BIG BLOW

Postby feathhd » Wed Oct 02, 2013 4:19 pm

This is the Biggest blow to Iowa Sportsmen and the future Management of Iowa's Natural Resources.

Behind the curtain of politically hidden agendas a move by the Governor has just made the position of IDNR Fish & Wildlife Bureau Chief a Politically appointed position.

What this does is open up that position to political cronyism or to some who have other interests other than protecting, enhancing or restoring Iowa's Natural Resources.

Now this position can be filled by AG interest which would Ultimate be the final nail in our efforts as sportsmen to protect our Iowa Natural Resources.

Now we are subject to even greater political land use agendas that put Iowa's Natural Resources at the Bottom of the toilet. This all but guarantees that the 1 position we entrust to use science to guide our conservation efforts and policy to, protect our states Natural Resources now can be politically appointed by the governor by anyone who may not hold Iowa Sportsmen interests or Iowa's Natural Resources as a Priority.

As a Iowa Sportsmen I am Pissed Off that this Action was Not Made Public to advise Iowa Sportsmen that their Natural Resources and the Future Management and Recreational opportunities could be put in jeopardy by an appointment by the Governor to any individual who DOES NOT hold our states Natural Resources or Sporting Interests in the highest regard.

I ask that EVERY SPORTSMEN OF IOWA TAKE THIS WARNING AND CONTACT THEIR LOCAL SENATE AND HOUSE MEMBERS AND DEMAND THAT THIS DECISION BE IMMEDIATELY REVERSED.

This Position should not be subject to Political cronyism but should be held by qualifications and background in Wild Game Management and sound conservation policy BACKGROUND.

If you guys think the slaughter of our states deer heard was bad or the systematic destruction of our upland game populations is Bad, you just wait until the AG appointed individual Fills that position or some Treehugger. Then as a sportsmen who do you run to to protect your interest? Who then do you have looking out for you and our Natural Resources or our Sporting futures?

I just learned of this today and I am telling you from 1 sportsmen to another of all walks and of all intrests, THIS 1 ISSUE IS A MAJOR THREAT TO YOU AS A SPORTSMEN AND A MAJOR THREAT TO THE FUTURE AS SPORTSMEN.

This is the most underhanded BS I have seen and you as a sportsmen had NO Idea that the FOX was being let into the Chicken coupe BY BACKDOOR TACTICS. WE NEED TO STAND UP AGAINST THIS OR RISK LOOSING FAR MORE THAN WE EVER EVEN THOUGHT POSSIBLE.

What if an individual is appointed by the Governor who is ANTI sportsmen, Anti Hunting, ANTI Trapping and of the like? Is this what we have been exposed to as a possibility? You damn Right. Lets stop this AND STOP IT NOW. As sportsmen we have to protect the 1 division with in the IDNR that is based on Science not politically motivated agendas. This position should never be exposed to this level of cronyism:mad:.

Sincerely,

William J. Smith
Sioux City Iowa
712-274-3343
FHD101@AOL.COM
F/H/D
feathhd
hunter

Return to Iowa Duck Hunting