MOJO Laws

Information about Iowa duck hunting. Learn, share and discuss valuable tips and tricks with others.

MOJO Laws

Postby Quackerstacker » Wed Apr 28, 2004 1:03 pm

Anybody here from Iowa hear anything yet about whether or not they are going to allow MOJO to be used this year?

Personaly I would like to see it banned. At least on public land but I would like to see it banned state wide. I don't like the things, never have and probably never will. I don't think that hunters that know what they are doing will miss them but the guys that rely on them to kill ducks will sure cry. Maybe even get rid of the some of the idiots from our public hunting areas.
Jerry Honts

Hunt hard! Hunt safe!
Quackerstacker
hunter

Postby Jeepman:-) » Wed Jun 09, 2004 2:58 pm

Man you guys got it good! All electronic/battery operated devices are banned here in WA state. sorry for the post but I was raised in IA and started ducking there and try to get back every year to hunt the Miss flyway.
There is no problem that cannot be solved with the proper application of HIGH EXPLOSIVES!
Jeepman:-)
hunter

Postby pj » Mon Jun 21, 2004 5:43 pm

There all good in Nodak as well. In MN they are only restricted on public land.
For every tear a smile.
pj
hunter

Postby Mallyard » Mon Jun 21, 2004 5:52 pm

Here in Kansas.... Any thing flies.... Mojo or whatever anywhere... Mabye if they where baned on public land it'd make it alot more fair for those that don't have one... Somtimes I leave mine at home, because in mid to late season they start to flare from it...

Mallyard
Aim for their lips...
Mallyard
Forum & State Moderator

mojos

Postby horse » Wed Jun 23, 2004 1:27 pm

I myself would like also to see them band on public grounds but thats my opinion. from what I have heard they are good for another year anyway . after a few days of the mojos this year they will be vearing eaven quicker this year, from what I have been hearing from a few freinds up in Minn. that tried to use a couple of them to get ducks to set on some ponds they been making on their propertys,but all they where doing was spooking them off. if they left old style on the water and on land with in a few days they where coming back in to the ponds and have even nested up since then . but turn on them flappers and they dissaper fast. those boys dont hunt there own property so there will always be a few birds around come fall. :smile:
smile all and have a great day all
horse
hunter

Postby Quackerstacker » Thu Jun 24, 2004 11:46 am

Well it certainly took awhile to get any responses on this subject.

I do own one and when I'm hunting public ground where everyone else is using them I will use it too. A big problem in this situation though is a lot of guys are not smart enough to put them away on the days when they are spooking ducks. When your hunting a 600 acre marsh it only takes one or two groups of guys using spinners to keep the ducks from coming down and working anywhere on the marsh.
Jerry Honts

Hunt hard! Hunt safe!
Quackerstacker
hunter

mojo

Postby horse » Thu Jun 24, 2004 2:29 pm

Quackerstacker I been hunting big wall and it only takes 2 there, 1 on each end of it and the bird almost always head out unless its really bad wether,and then you got to have scuba gear to sneak up on them from bellow if ya know what I mean, ...have a good day . Horse.
smile all and have a great day all
horse
hunter

Return to Iowa Duck Hunting