HOW WOULD YOU RATE IT

Information about Iowa duck hunting. Learn, share and discuss valuable tips and tricks with others.

HOW WOULD YOU RATE IT

Postby duckdog » Fri Mar 18, 2005 11:49 pm

HOW WOULD YOU GUY'S/GAL'S RATE THE 2004 DUCK SEASON IN IOWA. GOOD, BAD OR UGLY??? MY RATING WOULD BE AWEFULLY UGLY :thumbsdown:
Any day in the outdoor's is better than at work
duckdog
hunter

Postby Quackerstacker » Wed Aug 03, 2005 11:41 am

Definately UGLY!!!! :thumbsdown:
Jerry Honts

Hunt hard! Hunt safe!
Quackerstacker
hunter

Postby whitefeather » Thu Aug 04, 2005 6:15 pm

We hunted very hard last year. I had my 5 year "skunkless streak" ended last year on, of all days, opening day of the regular season. We didn't get skunked again though. I hunted one stretch of 10 out of 11 days and killed 2 ducks a day for 6 days in a row. Granted some guys would like that but I wouldn't call that exceptional. We had 5 good days last year where we killed full limits of mallards, other than that it was bad. I hunt south central, south east, northeast, and southwestern Iowa and it was bad everywhere. In southeast Iowa the ole boys are callin it the worst year since the Blight of 84'. The drought of 88' was pretty bad as well. I can honestly say that the 150 ducks we killed last year was by far and away the lowest total since the 80's for me. I know of only one blind in our area that did well. I have no idea why they killed so many, but he had ducks all over him all year. I got lucky a couple of days and had the only ducks that I saw come into our spread when hunting one particular pothole. That was a couple of days that we killed 2, if that gives you any ideas of how bad it was at times. :thumbsdown: :oops: :thumbsdown: :oops: :umm: :oops: :thumbsdown:
whitefeather
hunter

Return to Iowa Duck Hunting