Your second favorite spot

Information about Iowa duck hunting. Learn, share and discuss valuable tips and tricks with others.

Your second favorite spot

Postby willowrunner » Mon Sep 12, 2005 4:51 pm

Hi everyone, I'm new to Eastern Iowa and new to this board. I would like to introduce some newcomers to the sport during the season south of 80 for early duck. Unfortunately, I'm new to the area and don't know where to start looking. I have a canoe and waders, but the DNR people said the marshes (like cone) would be so packed I would be out of luck unless I left at midnight. I'm not asking for your No. 1 spots at all, but I'd really appreciate it if you could point me in the right direction. I just want to introduce these new comers in a positive fashion so they stick with the sport. Just looking for a shot at a couple ducks in a place where I don't have to worry about the next guy shooting at us. Would appreciate any help. Thanks in advance!
The biggest smiles I've ever seen have come from the kids who spent the morning in the duck blind. This is a great sport, please pass it on!
willowrunner
Newb

Postby duckdog » Mon Sep 12, 2005 7:52 pm

Welcome :thumbsup: :yes: :thumbsup: . I can't help you much on eastern Iowa, as I am fron the NW part of the state. Perhaps you could get an Iowa Sportsmen Atlas, this will show you all of the public hunting ground in the state, county, by county. I beleive there is another gent on here from southeastern Iowa, he would probaly have some info for you. Again welcome
Any day in the outdoor's is better than at work
duckdog
hunter

Return to Iowa Duck Hunting