Non Resident Pheasent license

Information about Iowa duck hunting. Learn, share and discuss valuable tips and tricks with others.

Non Resident Pheasent license

Postby hoosier dhr » Thu Sep 15, 2005 12:28 pm

Can anyone tell me how long the license is good for and what licenses i actually need.

Thanks in advance.
leave it better than you found it!!!
Go Canes
hoosier dhr
hunter

Postby duckdog » Thu Sep 15, 2005 8:29 pm

I looked on the Iowa DNR web site, the non-resident hunting license is $80.50, and you will also need a habitat stamp, wich is $8.50. I found nothing in the reg's about how long a license last's, so I wouls assume that it is like the resident license, wich is good till Jan. 10, 2006. You might want to do some more checking into it to make sure though. Also remember for pheasant hutning that Iowa now made it mandatory to wear at least 50 percent blaze oarnge for upland game hunting, and if you were born after Jan. 1, 1967 you will have to of passed a hunter saftey education program, either in your state, or Iowa. Hope this help's you out, try the DNR's website or give the Wallace Building (Iowa DNR) in Des Moines a call, for a better explanation. Pheasant number's are looking very good for the northern half of the state. I live in one of the best area's in the state for pheasant's (NW part of Iowa). Number's are up 17% here, according to the roadside report's that are done in August. There is alot of public ground to hunt in the Ruthven area, with hotel's within 20 mile's. Need any more help, or advice go ahead and ask. This year's season is form Oct 29, 2005 - Jan 10, 2006, daily bag limit is 3 rooster's, and possesion limit is 12 rooster's.
Any day in the outdoor's is better than at work
duckdog
hunter

Postby hoosier dhr » Fri Sep 16, 2005 7:25 am

Thanks duckdog,

My sister got married and moved to forest city and my new brother in law knows some guys i can hunt with, so im hoping to have some good times out their.

im going to ND in late Oct and hoping to go to IA in Nov. , but these gas prices are gonna hurt me.

Thanks again and good luck with all your hunting. :salude:
leave it better than you found it!!!
Go Canes
hoosier dhr
hunter

Postby duckdog » Fri Sep 16, 2005 8:10 pm

Sound's like you got an exciting fall planned! Good luck, I'm about an hour west of Forest City, on Highway 18. If you ever pass through shoot me a message. :thumbsup:
Any day in the outdoor's is better than at work
duckdog
hunter

Return to Iowa Duck Hunting