Youth Waterfowl Day's !

Information about Iowa duck hunting. Learn, share and discuss valuable tips and tricks with others.

Youth Waterfowl Day's !

Postby duckdog » Mon Sep 26, 2005 10:03 pm

The Iowa youth waterfowl season is coming up on Oct. 8-9. All you Iowa young gun's 15 year's or younger can go out on this as long as your acomppanied by an 18 year old with the proper waterfowl license. The bag, and possesion limit is the same, as regular season. Also goose season will be open, so they are fare game also. I hope all parent's, and youth take full advantage of this. To keep or younger generation involved in the great outdoor's. I for one can't wait to go, and watch my son, and nephew bust at some duck's, and maybe I might even get a shot at some geese, after they shoot of course (regular goose season will be open by then). Alway's a good time to go out and callfor the boy's even if I can't bust duck's
Any day in the outdoor's is better than at work
duckdog
hunter

Postby horse » Wed Oct 05, 2005 6:52 pm

the kid and I wish you good hunting , family is splitting wood this weekend or we would be out also. :thumbsup:
smile all and have a great day all
horse
hunter

Postby duckdog » Wed Oct 05, 2005 8:56 pm

Splitting wood, don't sound like much fun at all. Have'nt done that since I was a kid, and I don't miss it at all!!! Bet it will sure help out on the heat bill's though. The cold front has arrived and it is supposed to dip into the 30's at night, sure hope it don't drive the woodie's away yet. The lake I plan on hunting is full of them but the mallard's, and teal seem to bypass it. Sure hope they stay!!! Will let know how it goe's
duckdog
hunter

Postby duckdog » Sat Oct 08, 2005 9:20 pm

Pertty bad hunting today, this morning had one teal buzz through the decoy's, and by the time the boy's had there gun's ready he was gone. Everything else was staying up to the north end of the lake. Geese, or duck's would,nt look, or listen to the set up. They had there mind made up where they were going. Hunted a small pothole tonight, had some duck's come in, but the boy's forgot there glasses at home I think :laughing: . They sure gave the duck's this evening a good scare anyhow.
duckdog
hunter

Postby duckdog » Sun Oct 09, 2005 1:29 pm

Hunted off of an island this morning, my boy had to go to his grandma's, so my brother-in-law, and nephew went, not to many duck's. Had some mallard's come in, 3 misses, flock of teal buzzed us, 3 misses, pair of woodie's dump in, 2 misses, and a hit. Finnally a kill. Left there, and drove around and found roughly 100 canadian geese sitting on a pond, put the sneak on them, and three of us dumped 6 of them. Pertty good morning, boy will be home for the afternoon hunt!
duckdog
hunter

Postby duckdog » Sun Oct 09, 2005 8:22 pm

Hunted a little pothole this evening, had a few duck's work it over. My son got back this afternoon, so he went out with. He got to shoveler's, the cool thing about it was that he got them both with one shot. They were just getting ready to land in the decoy's, and boom, two of them drop. He was so excited to get one duck, then he seen he hit another, he about jumped a mile high.

The more I think about hunting this afternoon, it make's me realize how great it is. Just think, a shoveler, a duck that most of us consider almost a trash duck, can seem like the best duck in the world to an 11 year old boy. It just as well been a green head, with two band's on it, as excited as he was!!!
duckdog
hunter

Postby KC/WL » Mon Oct 10, 2005 10:50 am

congrats duckdog and son

It sounds like it was a sucessful youth season. When your young take all the shots you can get. That way you will be dialed when the greenheads are huvering over the decs.
KC/WL
hunter

Postby horse » Mon Oct 10, 2005 2:48 pm

sounds like you had the best time a guy could ask for with tho boy.congrats to you and the boy there duckdog and I hope the rest of the seson goes as well for you and the boy..... :thumbsup: :smile:
horse
hunter

Postby duckdog » Mon Oct 10, 2005 8:34 pm

Here's my boy's duck's from Sunday afternoon[/imImageg]
duckdog
hunter

Postby duckdog » Mon Oct 10, 2005 8:38 pm

[imImageg][/img]
duckdog
hunter

Postby duckdog » Mon Oct 10, 2005 8:45 pm

This is my nephew with the six geese, that he, my brother-in-law, and I shot Sunday morning[imImageg][/img]
duckdog
hunter

Postby duckdog » Mon Oct 10, 2005 8:52 pm

Here's one more pic of a hen woodie my son shot on the early duck season. Sorry for the double picture above. [imImageg][/img]
duckdog
hunter

Postby Quackerstacker » Tue Oct 11, 2005 12:11 pm

As long as we're posting pics. This is my son, me and my wife. The second goose opener.

Jerry Honts

Hunt hard! Hunt safe!
Quackerstacker
hunter

Postby duckdog » Tue Oct 11, 2005 6:57 pm

Awesome!!! :thumbsup:
duckdog
hunter

Postby horse » Tue Oct 18, 2005 3:30 pm

nice pic's all,it looked as if all of you had good time with the familys :thumbsup:
horse
hunter

Return to Iowa Duck Hunting