Duck number's looking very good!!!

Information about Iowa duck hunting. Learn, share and discuss valuable tips and tricks with others.

Duck number's looking very good!!!

Postby duckdog » Sat Oct 01, 2005 8:27 pm

Was out goose hunting tonight, and seen quite a few mallard's, and woodie's flying around. I have'nt seen batche's of mallard's like these yet this year, 50 - 75 in a flock, normally the local's are small flock's. I wander if the cold front we had earlier in the week might have pushed a few out of Minn., or S.D. Thing's are looking up, also seen alot of geese, most of them would'nt come out opf the refuge though.
Any day in the outdoor's is better than at work
duckdog
hunter

Postby horse » Wed Oct 05, 2005 7:10 pm

duckdog I been seeing more ducks and geese moving up in Minn. and a hole lot more south off I90 than there were befor early seson. I watched half doz. pins swiming less than 50 feet from me at a place I unloaded Mon. old boy there told me to quite drewling and staring at them I might scare them off befor he could get a wack at them :smile: ,sometimes I wish it where legal to carry shot guns in my semi :thumbsup: Take care all and have a goood seson :thumbsup:
smile all and have a great day all
horse
hunter

Postby duckdog » Wed Oct 05, 2005 8:53 pm

Had to go to Lakefield MN. Saturday for a football game, and I seen duck's, and geese the whole way up. North of Loon Lake looked pertty good.
Any day in the outdoor's is better than at work
duckdog
hunter

Return to Iowa Duck Hunting