Bow season luck anybody?

Information about Iowa duck hunting. Learn, share and discuss valuable tips and tricks with others.

Bow season luck anybody?

Postby duckdog » Mon Oct 10, 2005 9:56 pm

Is anyone out there been bow huntingin Iowa yet? I personally don't bow hunt anymore since I got my dog a few year's back, but still love to look for deer, and here the bow hunting storie's. With the crop's coming out more, and more everyday, and the rut coming up. Who will hang up there wader's for a while, and sit in the stand? Watched four buck's tonight on the way home from work, 1 eight point, 2 ten point's, and a six pointer. The 8 and the two 10 pointer's were very nice deer, I beleive every one of them would of made it in the book for archery ( minium of 125 point's). Brother-in-law said he will be sitting there in the morning now.
Any day in the outdoor's is better than at work
duckdog
hunter

Postby duckdog » Tue Oct 25, 2005 9:00 pm

Brother-in-law shot an eight pointer tonight, decent buck, just got done cutting it up, Look's like the rut is starting to kick in some. Seen alot of deer running around today at work.
duckdog
hunter

Postby duckdog » Fri Oct 28, 2005 10:07 pm

The rut seems to be starting to kick in now. Been noticing alot of buck's out, even seen some running next to the highway's with there nose to the ground chasing doe's already. Make sure you watch out for em crossing the road's!!!
duckdog
hunter

Postby Deadeye_youth » Wed Nov 16, 2005 7:55 pm

My dad saw 2 160 inchers and a few smaller ones couldnt get a shot I guess.
WHACK EM' AN STACK EM'
Deadeye_youth
hunter

Postby pyle30 » Sat Nov 19, 2005 8:48 pm

im done bow hunting just in time for the migration. i shot my buck 3 nights ago. it is a beauty 10 pointer with a real dark almost chocolate rack the brow tines were 14" tall and the G3was 12 3/4" tall it was 23 1/2" wide and it is gonna be up on the wall in no time. i hung up my waders last sunday and went out and sat after the day befor 4 of us guys ended up shooting 24 ducks. I sat this was prolly the 5th or 6th time i had been out all year. i hunted all through the week after school and had been seeing this buck but he was never close enough to get a shot. so wednesday i took my 3D target out and sset it about 15 yards from my stant with the antlers off put a buch of esterus around and then he came in to one bleet call the stuck him as he sniffed the decoy. My cousin sais he will score up in the 160s because he has so much mass and real good tine length.
my cousin shot a 11 pointer november 2nd that will prolly score up in the 160s also we cant wait till 1st season shotgu starts to get 2 more wall hangers. hope all the rest of you had good luck this year.
Without hunting the fall and winter would just be football.
pyle30
hunter

Return to Iowa Duck Hunting