northwest iowa- a marsh to walk in to

Information about Iowa duck hunting. Learn, share and discuss valuable tips and tricks with others.

northwest iowa- a marsh to walk in to

Postby duckboy » Fri Oct 14, 2005 10:32 am

hey im new to this part of the state and need some help finding a place to walk into. I found a marsh on the 11th of this month with about 400 ducks and geese on it, but there is no way to hunt it with out a boat. if i can get some info on a new area or a phone number of the dnr in this are it would be greatly appreciated
duckboy
Newb

Postby Penguine » Fri Oct 14, 2005 10:34 am

You could start here: http://www.iowadnr.com/
Penguine
hunter

Postby duckdog » Sun Oct 16, 2005 8:10 pm

What is the name of the marsh, and what town is it near. I live in north west Iowa
Any day in the outdoor's is better than at work
duckdog
hunter

Postby duckboy » Mon Oct 17, 2005 11:10 am

the birds were at rush lake north of ocheyden and i talked to some guys there sunday and they said it was pretty slow. i found some spots later that day north of vicks corner that looked good and put the sneak of some shovlers teal and widgeon but not a whole lot of ducks around it seems where are you from
duckboy
Newb

Postby duckdog » Mon Oct 17, 2005 7:40 pm

I'm from Ruthven, about 30 minute's south east of Okiboji, had alot of duck's saturday, we got alot of public ground in my area, and alot in the lake's area also. Take a peek at a Iowa Sportsmen Atlas, it will show all the public ground! Never hunted by Ocheydan. Been seeing alot of duck's these last week's :thumbsup:
Any day in the outdoor's is better than at work
duckdog
hunter

Return to Iowa Duck Hunting