MIGRATION REPORT 10/15/05 to 10/22/05

Information about Iowa duck hunting. Learn, share and discuss valuable tips and tricks with others.

MIGRATION REPORT 10/15/05 to 10/22/05

Postby bagndux » Sat Oct 15, 2005 12:49 am

Got any good info to share what/where are feathery lil friends are at in IOWA.
Please Share here

thanks.
I feel sorry for people who don't drink. Because when they wake up that's the best they will feel all day. Frank Sinatra
bagndux
hunter

Postby bagndux » Sat Oct 15, 2005 12:52 am

good number of teal and woodies at saylorville North of Jester.
Not for long though heading out there in 15 mins!!!!!!!!
I feel sorry for people who don't drink. Because when they wake up that's the best they will feel all day. Frank Sinatra
bagndux
hunter

Postby bagndux » Sat Oct 15, 2005 8:53 am

about 15 boats out at saylorville this morning.

water level is good enough to get any size boat in about anywhere.

ALOT OF GEESE. Some teal about 3 good size flocks. Woodies still hanging around
bagndux
hunter

Postby duckdog » Sat Oct 15, 2005 9:44 am

Seen alot of duck's around the Ruthven area, seen some diver's around also. Plenty of canadian's, and seen a flock of specklebelly's go over!
Any day in the outdoor's is better than at work
duckdog
hunter

Postby bagndux » Mon Oct 17, 2005 11:07 am

Lakin slough had teal, mallards and some pins on it Sunday morning.

Water level there is shallow.No big boats like over 14 ft. can get in there with a outboard motor.

AND HEY BY THE WAY WHOEVER READS THIS PLEASE TELL YOUR FELLOW DUCK AND GOOSE HUNTERS THAT NORTH GOOSE ZONE IS ABOVE HIGHWAY 20 NOT I-80!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! PRETTY SURE COUPLE OF HUNTERS AT LAKIN DIDN'T GET THAT MEMO.
bagndux
hunter

Postby bagndux » Thu Oct 20, 2005 12:24 pm

went hunting at Lakin slough this morning real slooooooow

saw 12 woodies 3 pintails and about 3 mallards we wiffed on.

water level is shallow no boat with an outboard can get through after the channel.

we had to push pole ours today.

No geese flying.
bagndux
hunter

Postby jonpetersen » Thu Oct 20, 2005 4:38 pm

Hey Bagndux,
I was at lakin this morning as well, I assume you were the boat just west of the channel to the ramp. I was the poor slob that got to walk half way across the main body of the lake about 0900 to get a Widgeon. If you happen to be watching hope you found it amusing, my partner did. Shot 3 birds left about 1100. Saw a few canadas just before we left.
jonpetersen
hunter

Postby bagndux » Thu Oct 20, 2005 8:47 pm

Small world yes that was us by the channel. we started the motor and then we just gave up!!!! We thought you guys had the north point since you were the only truck in the parking lot when we arrived at 5 am. Yeah we were watching you through binos we got a kick out of it too. I told my buddy man that guy is still going and going and...... We tried busting some birds near the entrance(small pond) if you wanted to know what all the banging was. That's where all the birds were hiding this morning.I guess Sun. and Mon. were the days to be out there. Oh well plenty more to come!!!! Good luck.... hope to see you retrieve another one that far. . I'm placing bets next time. :toofunny:
bagndux
hunter

Postby jonpetersen » Fri Oct 21, 2005 10:54 am

I was there on Monday and shot a limit in about 45 minutes, many more ducks moving and just seemed to pile in the dekes. Those are the days that make ones like yesterday bearable

see ya

Jon
jonpetersen
hunter

Green Island

Postby Blocko » Fri Oct 21, 2005 12:25 pm

Hunted Green Island yesterday, very slow no ducks moving. Talked with the DNR guy as we left, he does the counts, said he only saw about 1000 ducks. Think i'm heading down to Odessa for the opener, will update after that.
Blocko
hunter

Postby duckdog » Fri Oct 21, 2005 6:49 pm

Cold front coming in today, hopefully bring some duck's in with it!!! :thumbsup:
Any day in the outdoor's is better than at work
duckdog
hunter

Return to Iowa Duck Hunting