Woodies

A waterfowl discussion forum focusing on Kansas duck hunting.

Moderators: T Man, Mallyard, dukhntr, yellowlab

Woodies

Postby big_countryks » Sat Nov 05, 2005 2:41 pm

Shot my first wood duck this morning. :getdown:

Unfortunately it is the ONLY duck I got. I always told myself that if I ever shot a wood duck, I would mount it, but this one is beyond repair. Good head shot, but the bottom bill was blasted off and plenty of damage to the eyes and "plume" thingy on the back of his head. Did leave the hen though so hopefully there will be more in the future. Didn't realize there were woodies on this pond, I'll have to put up some of those wood duck boxes to encourage nesting.
"When the Buffalo are gone, we will hunt mice, for we are hunters, and we want our freedom..." (Sitting Bull)
"Republicans believe every day is 4th of July, but Democrats believe every day is April 15." (Ronald W. Reagan)
big_countryks
hunter

Postby Captain16 » Sat Nov 05, 2005 3:33 pm

I will say a BIG CONGRATS to you on that one. I know my day will come as well! Being this will be my second year at duck hunting, I know I have plenty of time. You know some wood boxes for them would be a great idea! :thumbsup:
Captain16
hunter

Postby yellowlab » Mon Nov 07, 2005 11:00 am

Captain16 wrote:I will say a BIG CONGRATS to you on that one. I know my day will come as well! Being this will be my second year at duck hunting, I know I have plenty of time. You know some wood boxes for them would be a great idea! :thumbsup:

never though that might help with haveing some mroe around ... i always shoot a few every year though
good job big :thumbsup:
yellowlab
Forum & State Moderator

Return to Kansas Duck Hunting