Waterfowl Wingmasters 11/06 Pics

A waterfowl discussion forum focusing on Kansas duck hunting.

Moderators: T Man, Mallyard, yellowlab, dukhntr, cluckmeister

Waterfowl Wingmasters 11/06 Pics

Postby locked and committed » Sun Nov 06, 2005 2:23 pm

~Waterfowl Wingmasters~
Hunters:Davis,Borgen.
Decoys- 4 Dozen duck
Scouted last night and not impressed at all. But decided to go any ways. Late morning at setting up the decoys at 6:00, and shooting time being 6:30. Had a few flocks work us but nothing big. Last flock of the day and we pulled our limit of redhead out of it. Guess in time good things to happen. The good thing is that we saw some migrators, Both ducks, and geese. Can't wait till next weekend. Enjoy the pics.
http://img246.imageshack.us/img246/2613 ... 3pf.th.jpg
http://img258.imageshack.us/img258/4595 ... 7yy.th.jpg
Michael Davis
~The Waterfowl Wingmasters Pro Staff~
locked and committed
hunter

Postby Mallyard » Sun Nov 06, 2005 5:39 pm

atta way! :cool:

/\/\allyard
Aim for their lips...
Mallyard
Forum & State Moderator

Postby KS_PuddleJumper » Mon Nov 07, 2005 7:54 am

Who are the "Waterfowl Wingmasters"...? Just being curious. Nice Redheads!

My weekend was less productive than that, but also showing some promise. A couple Gaddies, a greenhead, and the usual - maybe extra heaping, even - of Murphy's Law mixed in (the cup of coffee, pants down, pickin' up decoys stuff, you all know) All lack of ducks and too much warm weather made up for by getting my little 7 yr old Puddlejumper Princess out for the first time ever. She heeled well, didn't break, kept her head down... I just may take her again some day. Just have to get her to put the dead ducks down.

Sunday saw a few Mallards, including a couple nice larger groups working the area (while I was picking up, of course) - enough to get me excited. Come on, weather!

I haven't touched public land yet - anyone getting out and doing any good on the east side of the state here? I heard a few reports last weekend on this area, not much positive. Nothing yet for this past weekend? How we doing?
KS_PuddleJumper
hunter

Postby yellowlab » Mon Nov 07, 2005 10:47 am

ks_pj glad to see that very nice hope you all hav amny more fun hunts ... spent this weekend at lacyen w/ my brother lots of birds most just sat around to hot and no wind we need some "nice DUCK weather" a lot of the birds up there are really shy alot of pressure probly stay around home on privet this weekend
yellowlab
Forum & State Moderator

Postby KS_PuddleJumper » Mon Nov 07, 2005 10:58 am

LaCygne? Out this way?

I was out there last Wed, "scouting" - I was undervcover - trying to chase the hybrids/whites around, giving the illusion of fishing... But with a shotgun, as I almost ALWAYS jump woodies back in the creek there late in the fishing season like this. There were some ducks out there, but not enough to get me out there yet. That's not an easy hunt when the bluebirds are singing... A LOT of coots, though! (where's Razor! :laughing: JK!)
KS_PuddleJumper
hunter

Postby Mallyard » Tue Nov 08, 2005 9:55 am

The Waterfowl Wingmasters is a group of select hunters from Mcpherson... It's just what we call our selves. It was put togeather my Davis ( locked and commited), another buddy, and myself. We hoped to pull a video this year, maybe we can still catch a few hunts on film.

/\/\allyard
Aim for their lips...
Mallyard
Forum & State Moderator

Postby yellowlab » Tue Nov 08, 2005 11:00 am

KS_PuddleJumper wrote:LaCygne? Out this way?

I was out there last Wed, "scouting" - I was undervcover - trying to chase the hybrids/whites around, giving the illusion of fishing... But with a shotgun, as I almost ALWAYS jump woodies back in the creek there late in the fishing season like this. There were some ducks out there, but not enough to get me out there yet. That's not an easy hunt when the bluebirds are singing... A LOT of coots, though! (where's Razor! :laughing: JK!)

coots that isn't a joke we knowed one in the head with the boat on the way to set up sunday morn. :hammering:
yellowlab
Forum & State Moderator

Postby razorbackhunter » Wed Nov 09, 2005 1:37 pm

HOLY
CRAP!!!!

And I missed it???

:thumbsdown:

I guess the young uns are gonna have to eat Ramen noodles this week.
My girlfriend's dad has a five acre duck marsh. I'm in love. (2008-2009)
My new girlfriend's dad is an outboard motor mechanic. I'm in love. (2010-)
razorbackhunter
hunter

Postby yellowlab » Wed Nov 09, 2005 9:33 pm

razorbackhunter wrote:HOLY
CRAP!!!!

And I missed it???

:thumbsdown:

I guess the young uns are gonna have to eat Ramen noodles this week.
:toofunny: :withstupid:
yellowlab
Forum & State Moderator

Return to Kansas Duck Hunting