Yay for Mallards

A waterfowl discussion forum focusing on Kansas duck hunting.

Moderators: T Man, Mallyard, dukhntr, yellowlab

Yay for Mallards

Postby Riverjumper » Fri Nov 11, 2005 12:00 pm

Shot four Mallards this morning, one was really really nice, Big and colorful! Looked like a late season bird.

We had some bozos set up about 50 yds from us. We had the better spread by far, and birds would work us, then swing out over them, they would pass shoot, and we wouldn't get any birds in. I finally went and talked to them and they agreed that tthey would wait till we shot first. the rest of the morning went well.
Riverjumper
hunter

Postby yellowlab » Fri Nov 11, 2005 12:03 pm

aww can't wait until those hunts come this year haven't shot many mallards all yeahr i think 4 total... nice day.

hey ks_pj was that you set up 50 yards from big :yes: j/k :laughing:
yellowlab
Forum & State Moderator

Postby KS_PuddleJumper » Fri Nov 11, 2005 1:35 pm

I wish I could say I was set up SOMEWHERE period this morning. But hey, I gotta work SOMEtime, now. I can't get out everyday of the week...

Mr. KCDuckslayer and I got out the other day - always cool to hunt with some the fine folks from DHC's Kansas bunch here... I think he can confirm that we're not all bad here in JoCo. had a pretty good morning, including a couple of Pinny drakes. Heck, we might a got a couple more birds had we not tried to get 'em in so dang close... Wouldn't of been ME skybustin'... :cool:
KS_PuddleJumper
hunter

Return to Kansas Duck Hunting