First for this weekend.

A waterfowl discussion forum focusing on Kansas duck hunting.

Moderators: T Man, Mallyard, yellowlab, dukhntr, cluckmeister

First for this weekend.

Postby SpringHill Duckman » Mon Nov 14, 2005 8:52 am

That was an interesting weekend. I can't say that I have never hunted pheasants in 80 degree weather and couldn't get them to fly. They where holding as tight as if it was 20 degrees with that wind. Did end up scratching out 2 and some quail. Our group of 6 came home with only 7 pheasants and we had to work for them. But it is always about the tradition on opening day.

Sunday was great, went out for a short afternoon duck hunt (more to avoid watching the cheifs) and took my 11 month old chocolate lab out for her first hunt. She got to retreive her first duck... that was really cool. Lots of mallard moving in last night. Saw several hunderd moving around and scratched out 3 in a short time. Hope this is the start of many things to come.

If you can get out this week you will kill birds no doubt.
You are welcome to join us on in outdoor adventures in Kansas. Come along for the ride at www.kansasoutdoorsman.com ~ This is our outdoor adventures of Kansas Hunting and Fishing!!!
SpringHill Duckman
hunter

Postby yellowlab » Mon Nov 14, 2005 10:22 am

:withstupid: yeah i have seen alot on migrates lately :yes: to bad i am going out west this weekned :thumbsdown:
yellowlab
Forum & State Moderator

Postby KS_PuddleJumper » Mon Nov 14, 2005 9:24 pm

Agree... Definitely saw more birds this weekend, and sure to see more moving in the next few days. In fact, with the weather up north, looks like THE big dance is on. Waterfowler.com is reporting some serious movement... Thinking it's time. Got 4 Sat, then got my nephew his very first duck hunt Sun, with him "combining" with me for his "first"... :smile: couple greenheads, and a gaddie, with gaddies and widgeon Sat. I'll be out the next couple days, expecting to see some birds on the move...
Nephew, new 20 ga 870 youth model for his birthday... Uncle PuddleJumper and Cain had to get the kid out and break it in...
KS_PuddleJumper
hunter

Return to Kansas Duck Hunting