12-27 evening geese

A waterfowl discussion forum focusing on Kansas duck hunting.

Moderators: T Man, Mallyard, cluckmeister, yellowlab, dukhntr

12-27 evening geese

Postby mcn22 » Tue Dec 27, 2005 11:26 pm

A buddy of mine came in town this week, so I decided we would try a new field I just got permission on. I wasn't expecting much, but as it turned out there was a really nice roost just on the other side of the barbwire fence that I didn't even know was there. When about 4:15 hit, we had birds all over us. First, a nice pair of drakes came in, and one didn't make it out. Next, the geese started flying. We had groups sailing into the decoys from all directions. Both of us ended up shooting our limit, all were nice big geese. I can't wait to hit this field again.

I've got a question though. Should I wait a day or two before I go back out, or just set up again tomorrow evening in the same spot? Do you guys think I will have a tough time if I try it again the very next day?
[img][img]http://www.imagetrash.com/image_3492.jpg[/img][/img]
mcn22
hunter

Postby Captain16 » Tue Dec 27, 2005 11:51 pm

Nicely done guys! :thumbsup: I am new to the goose hunting thing, but I think I would stay off of that field for a couple of days that way they don't get plastered two days in a row. IMO I probably would even though I would love to get right back out there and take more out! :thumbsup:
Captain16
hunter

Postby duckplucker » Wed Dec 28, 2005 8:46 am

if you have another spot where you believe you can find birds rather easily, i'd say stay off, but if thats the only place they seem to be going, you could probably hit it again, but don't do it everyday for a week straight or anything like that. Nice birds, and good luck! :thumbsup:
"Take 'em"
duckplucker
hunter

Postby mcn22 » Wed Dec 28, 2005 10:17 am

Well, it turns out I can't go today anyway. Those birds are gonna get the day off, but tomorrow evening its on! :getdown:
mcn22
hunter

Postby yellowlab » Tue Jan 03, 2006 10:45 am

duckplucker wrote:if you have another spot where you believe you can find birds rather easily, i'd say stay off, but if thats the only place they seem to be going, you could probably hit it again, but don't do it everyday for a week straight or anything like that. Nice birds, and good luck! :thumbsup:
yellowlab
Forum & State Moderator

Return to Kansas Duck Hunting