Weekend Forum Count for Kansas

A waterfowl discussion forum focusing on Kansas duck hunting.

Moderators: T Man, Mallyard, yellowlab, dukhntr, cluckmeister

Weekend Forum Count for Kansas

Postby SpringHill Duckman » Fri Dec 30, 2005 3:45 pm

Ok,
This is it, the last weekend of the Low Late season.

Lets see some pictures and posts on how everyone does over the four day weekend. Final counts will be on Tuesday and NO fisherman's tails in your posts. PuddleJumper and I started the weekend early with 5 geese and 2 ducks this morning...

Post them as you kill em. Let's go for 100 geese and 150 ducks over the four day weekend. This is a group effort not an individual contest.

Current Count for KS (the best waterfowl state there is period) :umm:
Geese 5
Ducks 2

Also killed
Half a Bottle of Crown

Tame goose 1
You are welcome to join us on in outdoor adventures in Kansas. Come along for the ride at www.kansasoutdoorsman.com ~ This is our outdoor adventures of Kansas Hunting and Fishing!!!
SpringHill Duckman
hunter

Postby Captain16 » Sat Dec 31, 2005 9:20 am

Well Spring, if Thursday counts, you can add one duck to that count? :getdown:
Captain16
hunter

Postby KS_PuddleJumper » Sat Dec 31, 2005 4:26 pm

Got a feeling after today that... well, the liquor count may exceed the bird count... :salude:

You all be safe.
KS_PuddleJumper
hunter

Postby QUACKKILLS » Sat Dec 31, 2005 9:20 pm

WHY IS IT ALWAYS ABOUT THE NUMBERS????

Why can't it just be about the experience.

This is what is making it harder every year!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
QUACKKILLS
hunter

Postby Captain16 » Sun Jan 01, 2006 9:50 am

Yeah, I would have to agree that it looks as if last nights liquor consumption is going to outdue the bird count for the weekend! :salude:
Captain16
hunter

Postby Captain16 » Mon Jan 02, 2006 8:41 am

Man, it looks as though KS really fell short on birds this weekend! :thumbsdown:
Captain16
hunter

Postby kcduckslayer » Mon Jan 02, 2006 8:52 am

I missed one. That was pretty much the only one that even came remotly close.
kcduckslayer
hunter

Postby ducktamer » Mon Jan 02, 2006 10:48 am

Shot 3 drakes on the 31st pm and 3 green wing teal (all males) on the 1st am. Funny thing one of the mallard drakes had only one leg. strange
ducktamer
hunter

Postby Captain16 » Mon Jan 02, 2006 10:50 am

Welcome to DHC Ducktamer! :welcome: Glad to see someone adding to the bird count instead of the alcohol count! :salude:
Captain16
hunter

Postby KS_PuddleJumper » Mon Jan 02, 2006 11:51 am

QUACKKILLS wrote:WHY IS IT ALWAYS ABOUT THE NUMBERS????

It's NOT about the numbers. This is just some good natured fun trying to see what everyone is doing to finish the Duck segment. Having hunted with SprinngHill a number of times now this season, I can confirm that he's getting as much a kick out of the sunrise over the dekes as he is shooting a bird. Like quite a few of us out here, he's a hunter not a killer. We throw these posts up to create interaction with each other, and to "hang out" online. Nobody's trying to make anything harder, or decimate the population, or anything else you might be implying. I'm sure no one meant to offend anyone. It's about the comraderie here online in the Kansas room. Our incredible outdoor experiences have just happened to include a lot of birds lately... Blessed with some abundance after a very slow stretch for me personally from Thanksgiving to the weeke before Christmas.

Speaking of "numbers" and "experience" Springer and I shot our limits of geese, a couple mallards, a gaddie and a ringneck to finish the first duck segment yesterday. Not a bad way to kick off the new year.

Some pics on my site at http://www.bentonboyd.com

go to the end of the 2005-2006 season gallery, they are named by hunt date...

and.. DuckTamer - I got my first "one-legged" duck early this season... a Gadwall that probably met up with a snapper at one point... pretty funky.

[/url]
KS_PuddleJumper
hunter

Postby Captain16 » Mon Jan 02, 2006 12:44 pm

KS_PuddleJumper wrote:

It's NOT about the numbers. This is just some good natured fun trying to see what everyone is doing to finish the Duck segment. Having hunted with SprinngHill a number of times now this season, I can confirm that he's getting as much a kick out of the sunrise over the dekes as he is shooting a bird. Like quite a few of us out here, he's a hunter not a killer. We throw these posts up to create interaction with each other, and to "hang out" online. Nobody's trying to make anything harder, or decimate the population, or anything else you might be implying. I'm sure no one meant to offend anyone. It's about the comraderie here online in the Kansas room. Our incredible outdoor experiences have just happened to include a lot of birds lately... Blessed with some abundance after a very slow stretch for me personally from Thanksgiving to the weeke before Christmas.

Speaking of "numbers" and "experience" Springer and I shot our limits of geese, a couple mallards, a gaddie and a ringneck to finish the first duck segment yesterday. Not a bad way to kick off the new year.

Some pics on my site at http://www.bentonboyd.com

go to the end of the 2005-2006 season gallery, they are named by hunt date...

and.. DuckTamer - I got my first "one-legged" duck early this season... a Gadwall that probably met up with a snapper at one point... pretty funky.

[/url]

Nicely said! Very nice website as well! Thanks for sharing the awesome pics! :thumbsup:
Captain16
hunter

Postby ks_waterfowler » Mon Jan 02, 2006 3:04 pm

Not harder for some of us. And for the record I have a heck of a good time whether I shot 3 or six.
whistlin_wings wrote:I grew up in a neighborhood with only 3 pools and a public golf course. Thug life is all I know.
ks_waterfowler
hunter

Postby razorbackhunter » Mon Jan 02, 2006 5:04 pm

Five Greenheads on Saturday, a Greenhead and a hen on Sunday (both with one shot).

Kinda hard to get much to work in 60+ degree weather.

First time to get two kills with one shot. Pretty cool. Hadn't been able to work anything all morning until I was getting ready to leave and they dropped right in the middle of my spread. One shot, two dead mallards.

I actually tried to let the hen go. ;)
My girlfriend's dad has a five acre duck marsh. I'm in love. (2008-2009)
My new girlfriend's dad is an outboard motor mechanic. I'm in love. (2010-)
razorbackhunter
hunter

Postby porochi » Mon Jan 02, 2006 11:38 pm

Yikes. Completely skunked for the weekend. A few high fliers passed over, that was about it. I worked on my tan Saturday while watching the dekes bob around. Hunting sucked for me but still nice to just get out. I did much better when it was all nasty cold earlier in the month. Several limits then, but not much to brag about after it warmed up. Am hoping for some cold and crappy weather around the 21st. Till then, happy hunting dreams...
porochi
hunter

Return to Kansas Duck Hunting