First Goose!

A waterfowl discussion forum focusing on Kansas duck hunting.

Moderators: T Man, Mallyard, dukhntr, yellowlab

First Goose!

Postby Captain16 » Wed Jan 11, 2006 2:28 pm

That's right, finally got my first goose last saturday. What an adrenaline rush it was. Saw the big guy just gliding right into me and one shot was all it took to take him down. Could have had one more that day, but felt like it was right on the edge and didn't want to be a skybuster, so I figured I would get him next time. I got this one in the field, but still trying to get one over the water. Can't wait to see the splash on that! :salude: :salude: :salude:

Captain16
hunter

Postby SpringHill Duckman » Wed Jan 11, 2006 2:53 pm

Captain,
Big congrat's that's just the biggest rush. Wish I could have been there to see you get him.

Trust me, even after you have killed hundreds there's nothing like watching them come in feet down looking for a place to land. I still act like a little kid when they first lock up gliding at your spread. That's what keeps you coming back for more...
You are welcome to join us on in outdoor adventures in Kansas. Come along for the ride at www.kansasoutdoorsman.com ~ This is our outdoor adventures of Kansas Hunting and Fishing!!!
SpringHill Duckman
hunter

Postby big_countryks » Fri Jan 13, 2006 3:24 pm

That's a biggun too!! :salude: :hammering:
"When the Buffalo are gone, we will hunt mice, for we are hunters, and we want our freedom..." (Sitting Bull)
"Republicans believe every day is 4th of July, but Democrats believe every day is April 15." (Ronald W. Reagan)
big_countryks
hunter

Return to Kansas Duck Hunting