1-15 morning hunt

A waterfowl discussion forum focusing on Kansas duck hunting.

Moderators: T Man, Mallyard, dukhntr, cluckmeister, yellowlab

1-15 morning hunt

Postby mcn22 » Sun Jan 15, 2006 11:07 pm

Took my brother out for his first hunt of the season this morning. First flock came in about 10 minutes after we were set up and landed right in the spread . It was awesome! We both doubled on that flock, then about 10 minutes later another good sized group comes right in. I took the lead bird, but my brother somehow managed to empty his gun and completely miss. Oh well, it was the first time he has shot a gun since last year! We decided to go ahead and pick up early since he had to get to work, but he was extremely happy with his two birds. He's only shot 1 goose in his life before today, and now he's begging me to take him out again. I think he's hooked!

sunrise
[img][img]http://www.imagetrash.com/image_5944.jpg[/img][/IMG]
me
[img][img]http://www.imagetrash.com/image_5943.jpg[/img][/IMG]

[img][img]http://www.imagetrash.com/image_5948.jpg[/img][/IMG]
mcn22
hunter

Postby Captain16 » Mon Jan 16, 2006 5:04 am

Congrats on the birds, wish I could have a report like that. I went out yesterday morning and seemed the birds wanted to fly east and west of us. I guess we were just in the wrong field the wrong day!
Captain16
hunter

Postby KS_PuddleJumper » Mon Jan 16, 2006 8:01 am

Thought about you this weekend, Captain. Back in Nov, I mentioned coming down for a business trip to Augusta, and staying with my bro in Rose Hill... Well, I finally came down Friday, but hunting wasn't in the picture, unfortunately. But when I saw all the geese... Man, a LOT of geese in the Derby-over-to-Andover area, MAN. I was wishing I was out with you or Webfeet. Or any one else on here from that area! May... just may be back up again between now and the Feb 12 close, on business in Augusta, and staying with my brother in Rose Hill/Derby again. So if we have any takers, I still may be looking to get out down there, my brother and I. If you got room for a gun or two, I may PM you here whan I get a meeting on the schedule.

Oh, and mcn, Nice shootiung, sir.
KS_PuddleJumper
hunter

Postby Captain16 » Mon Jan 16, 2006 8:07 am

Yeah, I need to go find some land down that way. I have been hunting out west with a buddy that has a lot of land. I was down south a couple of weeks ago and there are birds everywhere. Only problem I have is I have no land to hunt. I was thinking about trying to get some here this week possibly. Yeah, let me know if you make it down this way and maybe we can come up with something. Webfoot, where are you, I bet you have some land down that way. Yeah, let us know if you make it down this way.
Captain16
hunter

Postby KS_PuddleJumper » Mon Jan 16, 2006 8:16 am

yeah, Webfeet said he was from Derby. He could live next door t omy brother for all I know. He has spots in the area, I think, but I would imagine if someone was cool enough to invite my brother and I along on a hunt, we could be talked into driving west of town a bit... :thumbsup:
Let's see if and when I can get down your way. I'll keep in touch on it. And am certainly happy to have you along up this way. We got a few geese up here too... :cool:
KS_PuddleJumper
hunter

Postby Captain16 » Mon Jan 16, 2006 8:26 am

I might have to take you up on that. I used to live in KC for around a year, but only hunted once. My friend took me to hillsdale and he was the one that got me started on duck hunting. That was 3 years ago and I am at year number two by myself, still learning of course. I have the last 2 weeks off in January, so maybe I could make a trip up that way someday and do some gunning. Sounds like a great time!
Captain16
hunter

Return to Kansas Duck Hunting