Weekend Weather and hunting outlook

A waterfowl discussion forum focusing on Kansas duck hunting.

Moderators: T Man, Mallyard, dukhntr, yellowlab

Weekend Weather and hunting outlook

Postby SpringHill Duckman » Wed Jan 18, 2006 1:37 pm

Guys,
Looks like the weather might actually be in our favor for once. Everything is still locked up tight in ND and MN and the big push of reverse migrating geese and ducks are in SD, NE and IA. Friday, Saturday and Sunday are suppose to produce some snow and cold temps in the teens at night in that region, meaning late Saturday and all day Sunday we can look for some V's heading back our way. I bet we see some good number of ducks early next week. If anyone has any snow goose deeks, this might be great week to catch a bunch of geese in a big bottle neck between freeze up and open water. :getdown:

We may have to break some ice here but it should be thin enough to still keep a good pool open over the weekend. All of the ponds where frozen over on the way into the office this morning. There where lots of geese just sitting on the ice so Good luck...

I talked to some hunter in IA and they are seeing lots of pintails, just like we did two weeks ago goose hunting, remember those are closed until next October... Just a friendly reminder.
You are welcome to join us on in outdoor adventures in Kansas. Come along for the ride at www.kansasoutdoorsman.com ~ This is our outdoor adventures of Kansas Hunting and Fishing!!!
SpringHill Duckman
hunter

Postby Captain16 » Wed Jan 18, 2006 3:04 pm

Yeah I see the temps are supposed to fall and acting like quite a bit of snowfall possible in central KS on Friday. Looking real good for us, and hopefully it will stay that way throughout the week. I am going hunting everyday, so it better. :thumbsup:
Captain16
hunter

Postby yellowlab » Fri Jan 20, 2006 10:55 am

:withstupid: man i have been waiting for a good weekend :thumbsup: about time athough we did have a couple nice hunts last weekned and the one before
yellowlab
Forum & State Moderator

Return to Kansas Duck Hunting